Brainstorming: Emperor Or King Unit?

Tutle

I was thinking in terms of chess. The King brings a population +40 or 50. Downside, if King is killed population -40 or 50. I think it would add most to the online game-play since players will try to figure out where the other player hid his King. This would also increase the importance of espionage. If you spot him, you know where to strike first. However, you risk being ambushed for not paying attention to your base. I believe, he should cost 500 stone "Is he made of stone?"...No...But this makes the player think whether he wants to invest on defense, or a bigger army. What do you folks think?:)

Thanks for the forum section change. I am not familiar with Regicide or Herocide mode from AoK. But I would also hope that the King/Emperor could fight. I didn't mention any stats or strengths/weakness since he is suppose to have experience and wisdom compared to other units. However, I would see a King/Emperor being more of a melee fighter than a ranged one. Perhaps giving him a little weakness against ranged units would be understandable. As for price, I also thought about giving it from the start to players, but then I could potentially see people not taking care of him since they didn't have to earn it. I know when I spend 500 stone to build a fortress, I want that fortress to pay it back with the enemy's body count. I would hope to see the King/Emperor unit treated the same way in terms of importance.:)

• 1 month later...