Last Week Totally Unplayable

plumo

On Windows 7 32bit, latest public build, etc. I updated workspaces...

When i click on Singleplayer i get tons of red error messages in the left corner. Gamesetup.js i think, and it mentions sth about Death Canyon. Also : during that i can't select anything, and the map options are all gone. I only can go back to main menu. It's a very recent problem so maybe caused by revision 9507 ?

ERROR: JavaScript error: gui/gamesetup/gamesetup.js line 647 ReferenceError: deepcopy is not defined selectMap("Death Canyon")@gui/gamesetup/gamesetup.js:647 __eventhandler80 (selectionchange)([object Object])@mapSelection selectionchange:0 initMapNameList()@gui/gamesetup/gamesetup.js:447 selectMapType("scenario")@gui/gamesetup/gamesetup.js:599 __eventhandler78 (selectionchange)([object Object])@mapTypeSelection selectionchange:0 initMain()@gui/gamesetup/gamesetup.js:110 onTick()@gui/gamesetup/gamesetup.js:497 __eventhandler76 (tick)([object Object])@setupWindow tick:0

About 1 week ago i also got a critical error while starting up a game (everytime). I had to break, surpress didnt work. I can't recreate this bug because of the newest bug ( see above). For this crash i have a report added.

crashlog.txt

Edited by plumo

I've been unable to run the game for almost 2 weeks using the latest builds. Not sure if it's always been the same error. I know DynamiteSoundBytes has also had the same problem. I assumed it was due to the bugs listed as release blockers on trac.

The autobuild is out of date and will give the deepcopy errors - I'll try to get it updated today but it'll take a bit of effort since the autobuilder is broken (apparently it runs out of disk space when committing, or something).

If you compile it yourself and make sure you definitely aren't accidentally running the old autobuild .exe instead, it really should work, since r9506 added deepcopy, and it works fine in my testing (on Windows and Linux).

Looks like the autobuild will be causing "Function call failed: return value was -100303 (path contains both slash and backslash separators)" warnings too - a newer build should fix that.

I'm on Windows, updated svn, updated workspaces, used Visual Studio 2010 Express to build and run. Multiple lines of that error appear.
No more in-game errors occuring for me :)

So you're building it yourself, but it fails until the not-built-yourself autobuild is updated? Sounds like you're not running the one you built yourself, in that case. Maybe something in the VS2010 project upgrade process breaks so it's not putting the compiled .exe in the right place, or is not compiling the .exe at all, or something?

VS2010 performs the conversion, but then always complains about something VC2008 not matching for every vcproj file. It's always done it. Here's the output: http://pastebin.com/uqtYuzSc

It looks like "warning MSB8012" is just small bug in VS2010: http://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedback/details/499471/outdir-is-not-properly-rooted-when-it-is-relative and you can either ignore it or fix as Microsoft-guy propose.