Hello

Kyriakos

I guess i could try to make a building for your mod, but atm i dont know how to do that. Also i read that Bryce is not supported by the program, which means i have to use 3dsmax. But Bryce is not very reliable as an exporter of models, so im not sure if the model will get in one piece in 3dsmax! (y)

By the way, does anyone know if there is a list of the buildings this game uses anywhere? I could remodel some of them, or alter them a bit, but they are important to me as concept art :victory:

Edited by Kyriakos

:victory:

It has time, though. If you figured out how to get your work into 0 A.D., just tell me. I can't help you on those technical parts, unfortunately.

This is a list of all buildings in the game. No pictures in there, though, I'm afraid. You can start the current alpha version and play the map "UnitsDemo" which has all units and buildings on it.

Edited by SMST

SMST has the right link. It's a good list with descriptions for each building, but does not include concept sketches for the obvious reason that the "look" of individual buildings has evolved over time and continues to evolve as we work on them. However, there is definitely an "art style" we're going for, and to get a good idea of what that is I recommend firing up Atlas and playing around with the objects therein. :victory:

Also, if you'd like screenshots of specific buildings from factions not included in the public release (Carthage, Rome, Persia, Iberia), then let me know and I'd be happy to post some for you. (y)

ykFjwl.jpg

Also i read that Bryce is not supported by the program, which means i have to use 3dsmax. But Bryce is not very reliable as an exporter of models, so im not sure if the model will get in one piece in 3dsmax! :D

Bryce 7 can import/export from/to COLLADA format (see http://www.daz3d.com/i/software/bryce7/new?_m=d) and there is some free of charge version (Bryce 7 personal learning edition, see http://download.cnet.com/Bryce-7-Personal-...-75219820.html), maybe you could use it to convert your Bryce models to COLLADA files or even for import 0 A.D. models to Bryce, change them and export back to COLLADA. However, there may be some problems with converting.

By the way, does anyone know if there is a list of the buildings this game uses anywhere? I could remodel some of them, or alter them a bit, but they are important to me as concept art :)

COLLADA models are placed in binaries\data\mods\public\art\meshes\structural\ directory.