February 2008 Screenshot

Mythos_Ruler

As you can read on the Screenshot page (in a comment, but it shouldn't be too hard to find) that's because it's not done yet. As with everything else we show, this screenshot is presented "as-is", and things can, and in some cases surely will, change 'til the final release. :P

It's Carthaginians versus Persians (as you can read if you click through to the actual screenshot :) ) I'm sure someone with more knowledge of the specifics can tell you more, but unless I've misunderstood what Michael have said about these things Carthaginians used a lot of mercenaries. :P

Erik is correct. The Carthaginians in our game utilize Gallic Swordsmen, Italian Allied Cavalry, Balearic Slingers, and Iberian Mercenaries in addition to their native units. The "greek phalanx" style troops are the Carthaginian Sacred Band (notice the white armour and black band on their helmets?). Their mainline infantry are Liby-Phoenician Spearmen - you can see a squad or two of those in the midst of the battle. :) That was actually a good question Belisarivs. :P

Edited by Mythos_Ruler

• 2 weeks later...

Woow this game looks great. When it will be finished? Is it really going to run on Linux? It would be a great gift to my brothers birthday.He loves such type of games. I can promise you I wouldnt have any problem to donate atleast 5EUR for such a game. Great work!!

Thanks for the nice words :P

As it's done completely voluntarily, by people who have other things to do too, and also since we do want to make it as good as we can, we cannot say when it's finished.

Yes, it will run on Linux, and hopefully Mac OS X too.

Once again, thanks for your nice words and I hope you'll enjoy following our process towards a finished game.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...