0 A.D. crashes with an error

JPower

Honestly, I am not that good with computers, so it would help if you could please word that a little easier. By the way, I tried to go in again, and my screen and keyboard froze for about 10 minutes, and then the screen said this: unhandled exception (Access violation reading 0x00000100)

• JPower changed the title to 0 A.D. crashes with an error

I'm not really a tech-guy; maybe one will come along eventually. But your machine doesn't look really powerful and I saw this:

Memory         : 4096 MiB; 367 MiB free

If this is without 0AD it probably doesn't have a chance to run. If you hit CTRL+ALT+Delete you can see in the task-manager what uses your computer's memory; if you're not that good with computers chances are there are a lot of unnecessary things running, e.g. multiple antivirus, or unnecessary or even unwanted services. See what you can identify and deactivate/uninstall; just closing your browser while playing should get you several 100 MBs. I'd guess 2 GB of free RAM would be a good goal.

On 19/11/2023 at 7:19 PM, JPower said:

OAD keeps crashing every time I load into singleplayer or tutorial. It will let me play for 3-5 seconds, but then doesn't respond. I have tried lowering the graphics, but the same problem occurs.

That might indeed happen because of low amount of free memory. Could you also try to update your videocard drivers and switch to OpenGL ARB backend?