How does Batch training (not) work?

krt0143

I wanted to try batch training: Had lots of resources, plenty of population space, but when I shift-click (shows "5") on a unit type, nothing happens?

Shouldn't there be a production queue appearing? Or a message, or something?

I've tried it with several different units, on several different buildings, in several different games. Custom and stock units, standard and champion type ones. Whatever I do, shift-clicking on a unit button doesn't seem to do anything.  :shocking:

What am I doing wrong?

19 minutes ago, krt0143 said:

What am I doing wrong?

Dunno. Works fine for me, every time. I can train various sizes (per mouse wheel) of batches of various units. I shift-click and then the production queue appears.

0ad-production-queu.jpg.f779c45bee534efa7219fa01ec1c4f92.jpg

Maybe you have kaputt-gespielt your installation? Other than re-installing the game I wouldn't know what to try.

8 minutes ago, Gurken Khan said:

you have kaputt-gespielt your installation?

I don't see how I could have done that. I have copied + edited some template files, but even units I haven't touched don't batch-train. I haven't modified any code parts, I know my limits.  :rolleyes:

Thanks for the screenshot BTW, it helps to know what it should have looked like...

So, shift-click is indeed how it should work? Hmmm. I really wonder what happened. :down:

12 hours ago, BreakfastBurrito_007 said:

Maybe somehow a hotkey got changed that deals with batches?

I don't think it's a hotkey issue because as I said above, the unit icons do show a "5" when I press Shift, so at least this part of the Batch process seems to work as expected. If the Batch hotkey was changed to something else it wouldn't show that "5", would it.

Fixed it.  :yahoo:

By removing "Shift" as a hotkey for selecting/deselecting units. Apparently (although I really don't know why!) having "Shift" also as hotkey for unit selections interfered with the batch production, which now works as expected. Despite "Shift" still being used as hotkey for a bunch of other things. Go figure.

Von wegen kaputtgespielt...  :P

11 hours ago, Gurken Khan said:

You messed with the settings

I mess with it each time I start it... There are things which shouldn't break anything, like this one (there are already a dozen other functions using "Shift"), but well, bad stuff happens.  :shrug:

8 hours ago, Gurken Khan said:

re-install the game

Nah, whatever stupid thing I might do, it's very unlikely to damage the binaries themselves. If I damage something, it would be some configuration file, and always I back those up (elementary modder precaution).

That been said, 0 A.D. isn't as straightforward as it might seem, I didn't find where it stores hotkey modifications. It's definitely not in \config\default.cfg, the key bindings shown there aren't the ones I have in the game. Go figure.

Edited by krt0143
censor is very overeager - it sees bad language everywhere...

49 minutes ago, krt0143 said:

censor is very overeager - it sees bad language everywhere...

We all "love" our nannybot...

49 minutes ago, krt0143 said:

It's definitely not in \config\default.cfg

I guess it's in the other then. I've messed with two (on devs' ~orders), guess you'll grasp that concept fast & better than me.