Cool civ team bonus combos

vinme

Write civ team bonus combos you think are strong.
I like iber, mace, athen, gaul for example, for the mace player specifically as merc cav get affected by 10% cheaper iber jav passive, athen lets cheaper p2 and gaul gives faster/cheaper blacksmith techs. 
another good one can be carthage, mace, athen, and maybe a 4th. 
for standard, sparta, pers, rome, athen sounds good.  just boost in power/eco. 

• Like 1

the 3 is good. iber gives bonus to both, carth gives bonus to kush. and ig kush bonus helps carth as well.
if carth and kush atack together, carth can use the ele 20% for self and team dmg ele hero with large range. 

i dont think gaul is best ally. athen can be better. besides the op civ bonus it can make jav mercs and hero gives jav mercs 15% move speed. athen can even mine metal and feed merc civ allies, as athen gets 21% total metal rate bonus on p3 and 10% on p2. 
other civs can also do infantry javelineer mercs. pto, mace.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, vinme said:

honestly athen bonus needs to be nerfed i think. maybe by 30%, and athen as a civ needs buff. re introduce stoas, p2 champs. 

A lot of the other civs are receiving new content and balance changes, so Athens will probably seem less strong as a result. Technically they already have p2 champs, its just they are very hard to unlock.

They will get a unique p2 hero hippocrates, which is like a much weaker version of the Maury healer hero. In addition, their spearmen can promote directly to champions with xp, so that could be very strong.

see more here: https://code.wildfiregames.com/D3727

Edited by real_tabasco_sauce

2 hours ago, vinme said:

rome athen sparta is good to maximize that cc spearman tech of sparta / athen. idk for 4th civ

Athens works doubly here since both phasing up and getting the hoplite tradition is faster. I'd say gauls would be a good 4th civ since upgrades are cheaper, and melee damage determines how fast they get xp in a fight.

On 27/09/2023 at 1:19 AM, Dakara said:

Not popular opinion : delete team bonus 

why?

On 28/09/2023 at 1:17 PM, panda said:

Not about team bonus, but Mauryas + Kushites are great for early cav rush. The Mauryas player rush.
Make Kushite healer accompany the hunting Mauryas elephant -- by healer protecting the ele.
It works great, no need for cavs to heal in cc.

brilliant.