TG Tournament 2.0

70H4NN2S

TG Tournament 2

Hello everyone! It's with regret that we noted many players were unable to participate in the first tournament due to issues ranging from management hiccups to time constraints. For that, we've taken the feedback to heart and revamped the entire system.

While we deeply sympathize with those who were eager to continue the first round, circumstances made it unfeasible.

The second round has new rules. If the rules will not be followed by a single player will the game from that team be considered as a lose, no matter what outcome there will be. 

We have established a strict schedule. If you foresee a conflict with the stated times on either Saturday or Sunday within any given round, we urge you not to sign up for the tournament. Kindly register only if you are 99% certain you can adhere to the specified times. 

Please try to give us a accurate rating for yourself, because there will be a minimum and maximum allowed rating for each team depending on the average rating for all players, so we can have a balanced tournament. The ratings should be reviewed by all the players, to ensure that nobody is cheating and reducing or increasing his own value to play with a certain team they shouldn't be able to play normally.

To register, please provide your (and potentially your friends') accurate TG rating and specify your availability—whether that's Saturday, Sunday, or both days. Write it down bellow in the comments.  Be reminded that we only have 24 slots for this round. 6 teams. Do review the schedule and rules prior your commitment.

Edited by 70H4NN2S
  • Like 1

RULES

1. Team Player Count: If a team is short a player compared to its opponent during the scheduled game, that game will be counted as a loss for the team with fewer present players.
  2. Map Selection: Maps will be randomly selected via pickerwheel.com and announced 48 hours before the match starts.
  3. Committee Oversight: At least one committee member must be present from the beginning to the end of each game to ensure its validity.
  4. Game Protection: Both teams can mutually decide if they want to protect the game with a passcode. Playing without a passcode increases the risk of cheating and susceptibility to DDOS attacks.
  5. Spectator Chat: Spectators are permitted to chat only within the spectator chat. Violators will be banned without a second warning.

MODS

• Required Mods:
    • autociv
    • community-mod
    • feldmap
    • mainland-twilight
  • Optional Mods:
    • LocalRatings
    • customRatings
    • Any GUI mods

CHEATING POLICY

• Teams can raise a complaint about the last game within 4 hours of its completion.
  • If even one player is found cheating, the entire team will lose the match.

Identified Cheats Include:

• Modifying the 0ad source code to:
    • Gain full map vision.
    • View enemy stats.
    • Read enemy ally chat and spectator chat.
  • Using a second account to spectate the game on a different device/monitor.
  • BetterQuickStart(proGui).
  • proGui Trainer.

Note: While proGui is permitted, the use of proGui Trainer is strictly prohibited to ensure fairness. BetterQuickStart is also not allowed.

We don't have so much time for the organisation, so here is a proper schedule:

• Rating evaluation and last player filtering: Monday
  • The min/max allowed rating will be published Monday in the night as well as the final amount of teams(4, 6)
  • Free team creation and registration: from Tuesday to Wednesday night
  • Draft system for not completed teams: Friday
  • Tournament Kick Off: Saturday 17:00 CEST

Here is the discord link if somebody else wants to join: https://discord.gg/VvREA8kW

The committee members are: 0zon, Effervescent, Leopard, ScribeOfAges

Edited by 70H4NN2S

Hi @everyone,

i know that taking the average of the rating from all players is not a good way to balance things up. But it's only there to give us a upper and lower limit or rating allowed for each player. 

MINIMUM_AVERAGE_TEAM_RATING = AVERAGE_PLAYER_RATING - 100
MAXIMUM_AVERAGE_TEAM_RATING = AVERAGE_PLAYER_RATING + 100

but we need to correct the ratings from the players in the tournament. And there are a few players whose rating need to be corrected in my opinion. We can discuss it together in #rating-discussion or in the forum.

@Effervescent  and me combined our local ratings to get at least a few parameters like Tributes send, gathered resources and the amount of killed enemies by value together with a adjusted general local rating.

But local rating isn't accurate, above all for rushers and early tributes, etc. That's why we want the opinion from all players.

Check out the google doc to see the LR and current estimated ratings from the players

Hi,
We had to do a late stage rule change to increase the balance. The difference from the teams will not be +-100 but +- 25. So the max difference in rating between the best and worst team is only 50 rating points. 
I am really sorry, but the current teams that have a average rating above or bellow the new rule will have to split up and get into that rating. My own team was affected too.

The minimum required average rating is now 1466.
The maximum required average rating is now 1516.

Free team registration time until Friday 14:00pm CEST.

If a few teams have not been registered until that date will we create the teams manually in the evening. Everybody can take part in the team creation Friday afternoon CEST.

You can see the list of players here if you want to create a team: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zF9_ktBOinbyMeEgEo5I156dsPz_Xy9VfswmQvh1orY/edit#gid=0

It's a 4vs4 with 4 teams.

Hi,

we tried to create the teams as balanced as possible but we can still split the teams and make small changes if they are requested. 

Contact me today if you think 1 team is stronger or you want to play in a different team due to personal problems with a player or just play together with a friend.

0zon  will upload the schedule this evening.
It is a bracket system, we randomized the bracket using https://challonge.com/tournament/bracket_generator

Bracket 1:

• team_1
  • team_3

Bracket 2:

• team_2
  • team_4

Teams, give me a custom team name as soon as possible, so we don't have to name you team_1, team_2, etc.

Screenshot from 2023-09-15 14-53-40.png

Edited by 70H4NN2S
  • Like 2

Just now, 70H4NN2S said:

@0 calories you weren't there, why? Your team lost because they had 1 player less, that's why the rule got enforced. You would have won if you were there.
It would have been sanafur + rejoicing + AlexanDerGrosse vs weirdJokes, guerringuerrin and Matt_of_Qc

sorry? I was there 1 hour before given timeslot... I have no idea what are you talking about...Even my post confirm that in this forum... look timestamp

• 2 weeks later...

ScribeOfAges has asked me to make an announcement about the tournament.

The tournament has been concluded. Here are the results.

First Place: Team_1 (weirdJokes, Leopard, guerringuerrin, Matt_of_Qc)
Second Place: Team_2 (i_am_groot, effervescent, Duck_, ScribeOfAges, Quasil)
Third Place: Team_4 (breakfastburrito_007, freyyja, 0zon, jimo, chesnutter)
Fourth Place: Team_3 (rejoicing, sanafur, riicho, AlexanDerGrosse)

I was informed that Team_1 secured first place because they had more players present at their scheduled rounds against Team_2 on September 23rd. They did not play any rounds.

The battle for second place was fought between Team_2 and Team_4 on Mainland Fixed Positions. Team_2 came out victorious and secured second place. Here are the replays from the two rounds of that battle. The replays require the Mainland Twilight mod version 0.2.0 and community-mod version 0.26.4.

2023-09-17_0001.zip

2023-09-17_0002.zip

The battle for third place was fought between Team_3 and Team_4 on Mainland FIxed Positions. breakfastburrito_007 said, "It wound up being a 3v3, but people ran out of time so we did a best of 1." Team_4 came out victorious and secured third place.  Here is the replay for that round. The replay requires the same mods as the above replays.

2023-09-23_0001.zip

Thanks for participating, folks. Talk to ScribeOfAges for follow-up questions. I'm just a messenger, posting this information because ScribeOfAges was away from his computer on Sunday.

Edited by Norse_Harold
  • Thanks 2