Suggestions for improvement of the game-setup-page of singleplayer mode

NitroVicky

The game setup page of singleplayer mode looks like this:

image.thumb.png.8b9ee872d53dce523134ee7e15d0ee39.pngnewGameSetupDesign.thumb.png.5dc639258da4bb393b42564aefe9b91d.png

The entire bottom-right space is wasted, but the very important tweaks and map browsers are hidden behind tab buttons. I think it would be better to use all those space and lay out everything so that tweaks are easier to find. I propose this design:

newGameSetupDesign.thumb.png.5dc639258da4bb393b42564aefe9b91d.png

I get that not everyone will appreciate this layout, so I'm asking if someone would kindly show me how to edit the source code to achieve this layout?

On a side note, I get the error

ERROR: CCacheLoader failed to find archived or source file for: "art/textures/ui/global/modern/button/red-unselected-left.png"
ERROR: CCacheLoader failed to find archived or source file for: "art/textures/ui/global/modern/button/red-unselected-center.png"
ERROR: CCacheLoader failed to find archived or source file for: "art/textures/ui/global/modern/button/red-unselected-right.png"

which causes the buttons to look absurdly pink.

• Like 1

Hey I moved the thread to a more appropriate place.

13 minutes ago, NitroVicky said:

which causes the buttons to look absurdly pink.

I think you somehow messed with the code so that it's referencing missing textures. How are you modding the game ?

16 minutes ago, NitroVicky said:

The entire bottom-right space is wasted,

The reason is minimum resolution, but yeah for some users it's wasted :) 

3 hours ago, Stan` said:

How are you modding the game

I haven't made a serious attempt at modding the game yet. I updated the source code with SVN and the error is gone. I might have accidentally deleted some things when looking through the program files. This picture I posted was edited in GIMP, just as a concept.

3 hours ago, Stan` said:

The reason is minimum resolution,

Understood.

But perhaps the additional settings can be kept in the drawer, meanwhile relocate a minature of the map browser to under the player setup slots, which shouldn't take more than 1024 pixels. During my first days playing with this game, I couldn't find many of the maps because they were in the "random" section. It might be good if we put the most popular maps in that blank space to help any other newcomers.

Currently I am looking at the files in 0ad/binaries/data/mods/public/gui/gamesetup/Pages/GameSetupPage 

Edited by NitroVicky