[0.26] 0 A.D on Fedora 38 (RESOLVED)

Graham1

Hi All

Have just upgraded to Fedora 38 which was released today and found the 0 A.D is not using the full screen under xorg (wayland still has the same issue). The screen seems to be full screen mode but only displaying within 3/4 of the screen. The cursor can travel outside this area (unlike wayland) but does not match with the area highlighted. For the time being, have set to windowed mode. Any suggestions?

:)

Edit: Btw, I'm not using any nvidia drivers, just the default.

Edited by Graham1
  • Thanks 1

This ticket is similar to my original issue when using wayland with Fedora 37.

The issue in Fedora 38 is slightly different in that I can move the cursor within the whole (physical) screen. When set to full screen, the whole screen is not being used (only 3/4)

Edited by Graham1
  • Like 1

• Graham1 changed the title to [0.26] 0 A.D on Fedora 38 (resolved)
2 hours ago, Nilbud said:

How do I access this borderless.fullscreen option?

This option is under user.cfg (see screenshot below). This is on Fedora 38 using the flatpak version of 0 A.D. Other distros/OS's may use a different path.

Edit: The RPM version may be found under "Home/.config/0ad/config"

360537306_Screenshotfrom2023-04-2221-13-14.png.5d9f98f2d656cd305ba93cc567b0c928.png

Edited by Graham1

• 1 month later...
  • Graham1 changed the title to [0.26] 0 A.D on Fedora 38
15 minutes ago, Graham1 said:

fullscreen

i not use fullscreen. and i heard from some its better without fullscreeen. BTW is move the window than manually to a full size (do it automatircally with a little script). i use ubuntu

14 minutes ago, seeh said:

i not use fullscreen. and i heard from some its better without fullscreeen. BTW is move the window than manually to a full size (do it automatircally with a little script). i use ubuntu

Thanks for the suggestion seeh. I did try the windowed mode which helped. It seems that this time it was user error :blush: as I had set to "true" rather than "false". Now working as expected.

Edited by Graham1
  • Like 1

• Graham1 changed the title to [0.26] 0 A.D on Fedora 38 (RESOLVED)
  • 7 months later...

Another workaround is to run the game in windowed mode (setting in normal 0 A.D. settings) and then set a GNOME shortcut for toggling full screen (setting in GNOME settings).

After launching the game in a window use your global shortcut for toggling full screen to make it go full screen