Call stack in crashlog.txt, crashlog.dmp, and memory.dmp (Windows 11)

Ceres

Dear Developers!

Can you please provide some guidance when/why the crashlog.txt file (Windows 11) does not contain call stack information? I always only see what I show below (besides all the OS- and game-related information, of course). Should/could there be more?

Call stack:

(error while dumping stack: No stack frames found)
errno = 2 (Error during IO)
OS error = 0 (no error code was set)

What does it mean if there is only this little (or no) information about the call stack? If there is only so little/no information, does the crashlog.dmp file contain it in lieu? Or is that other information? And how could I read (and understand) the unzipped memory.dmp if I created a memory dump for pyrogenesis.exe in Windows 11?

After reading the Wiki about debugging, I am still not sure about it, hence my questions.

Thank you so much for your help! :heart:

Hello Ceres,

Most of the time the engine is not able to recover the call stack, I'm not sure wether it's a bug in the implementation or an intended behavior. However when hitting certain conditions such as triggering an ENSURE macro you will get the call stack.

If a memory dump was created when the game failed, (check the file modification/creation dates to be sure) one can read the call stack using visual studio.

• Thanks 1