MakeHuman vs DesignDoll

I’m in the process of researching and putting together a thread/post of resources for current and future artists working on 0 A.D. And I’m disappointed that MakeHuman does not have perspective mode, and based on their FAQ there won’t be one:

I downloaded MakeHuman to try out because DesignDoll is an excellent program for 2D artists. Problem is that it’s only for Windows and I’m unable to try it out because I left Windows ages ago. The free version is enough for concept sketching and quick mockup, and I wouldn’t mind purchasing the pro license if it’s available for macOS. MakeHuman has the potential to be an alternative to DesignDoll by first implementing a perspective mode. I’m aware that MakeHuman is targeting 3d artists, not 2d. With that said, I do wish that the developers also target 2d artists as well.

If you’re on Windows, check out DesignDoll. If anyone know of something like DesignDoll for macOS or Linux feel free to post below. Look at the image and see what perspective can do to make things more interesting for 2d artists (top - no perspective).

makehuman_vs_designdoll.jpg

Edited by TheScroll

Hi @TheScrollI'm you one of the moderators on MakeHuman's forums if you really need a perspective mode try our blender addon MPFB it's a socket bridge between MakeHuman and blender that lets you create your character completely within blender and costume/pose it then use blender's built in perspective mode if you have further question a sub-section on our forum is dedicated to it so just join us there ;)

Enjoy the Choice :)

12 hours ago, Loki1950 said:

Hi @TheScrollI'm you one of the moderators on MakeHuman's forums if you really need a perspective mode try our blender addon MPFB it's a socket bridge between MakeHuman and blender that lets you create your character completely within blender and costume/pose it then use blender's built in perspective mode if you have further question a sub-section on our forum is dedicated to it so just join us there ;)

Enjoy the Choice :)

I’ll check out the plugin/addon for Blender. For people like myself this isn’t much of a problem but for 2d artists in general it would be great to have a standalone app that can view in perspective and even save the perspective angle for later reference. I see a lot of potential in MakeHuman for 2d artists. They should definitely consider it. At this point in time it’s pointless spending years studying or mastering human anatomy. DesignDoll is a standalone app that focuses on posing etc… ClipStudio (screenshot below) takes it a step further and implemented it right inside the software. I wonder if Krita will implement this in the future, if not MakeHuman can be an excellent tool if the developers are aware of where this whole thing is headed. Tools such as these can definitely speed things up for a lot of 2d artists when working on projects like 0 A.D.

clipstudio.thumb.jpg.9f239d6b8f4a56b15915f584a5166302.jpg