Economical style

MAXDDARK

I know this game will have an unique economical style of play BUT

to which style it will be similar ?

in AOE you had wood,stone,gold,food but when you cut strees you didn't have to make them fit to build like it was in Settlers.

in settlers the economical style of play was remarkable

you needed to grow wheat fields and water to feed the pigs and butcher (you needed a butcher to) them for food in order to give the miners food to work, and then make gold/iron/stone...

and with iron you produce swords, shield

with wheat and water you breed horses and you make riders...

how is the economy work in 0 A.D ?

It is like in AoK.

Almost everyone knows Settlers. It is entertaining game in its way, but 0AD is aimed rather towards military side.

There is also bunch of guys (including me) who can't wait for Total War style to be implemented in game and thus almost remove resource management.

Settlers are fun to play, but simply, in MP it is more fun to kill 1000 enemy units than watch wineyard growing.

I think, that resource management will be, to some extent, closer to Settlers style (more sources to forage, more animals to hunt or domesticate) but it will be AoK style mostly, still.

I think we should invent a new style

Mass style

the building will be cheaper and faster to make , this will enable the economy grow faster.

you will need masses of building in order to create a great army , I'm talking about 1000-5000 man (in AOK it was 250 max if I recall).

but the economy style will be like in settlers only much faster and in much bigger scale.

and you would be able to start building even in you don't have all the resources yet

what do you think about my idea ?

after all we can't duplicate AOE in every way...we should create a very different game

Edited by MAXDDARK

Yeah, but you are not actually working on the game, are you? :P

you got me there...

I am making publicity for those games (0 A.D and LA) and try to attract some member who can help.

but it doesn't count as working on the game does it ? :shrug:

well - ideas are free.

and ideas you need (I hope)

in a few months, when I will have free time I really hope to actually help making the game

but I don't have much of free time now, and I need to practice my blender3d skills B)

You know that 0 AD will use a interface similar to AoE,how do you think that its possible have this interface with the battle system simlar to RTW and the settlers economy?And its hard to have good graphics and 1000-5000 man in the screen without make it umpossible to play for the players with old computers?

I think the way the economy will be is fine, I liked how it worked in AOE3, economy was a big part, as it should be realistically, it was not too complicated which I liked, meaning I could spend more time in other aspects of the game instead of focusing on economy solely like most games out there tend to force you to do.