Sign in to follow this  
Arctic Song

Assertion failed: "num_elements != 0"

Spoiler

Hi my game just crashes when i start it and it sends this mensage

Assertion failed: "num_elements != 0"

Call stack:

While generating an error report, we encountered a second problem. Please be sure to report both this and the subsequent error messages.
errno = 2 (Error during IO)
OS error = 0 (no error code was set)

crashlog.dmp

crashlog.txt

Hello @Arctic Song and welcome to the forums.

Sorry for the delayed answer.

Here is the call stack of the crash:

>	pyrogenesis.exe!wtruncate(const Path & pathname={...}, __int64 length=101) Line 285	C++	Symbols loaded.
 	pyrogenesis.exe!io::Store<io::DefaultCompletedHook,io::DefaultIssueHook>(const Path & pathname={...}, const void * data=0x10621000, unsigned int size=101, const io::Parameters & p={...}, const io::DefaultCompletedHook & completedHook={...}, const io::DefaultIssueHook & issueHook={...}) Line 315	C++	Symbols loaded.
 	pyrogenesis.exe!RealDirectory::Store(const Path & name={...}, const std::shared_ptr<unsigned char> & fileContents={...}, unsigned int size=101) Line 57	C++	Symbols loaded.
 	pyrogenesis.exe!VFS::CreateFile(const Path & pathname={...}, const std::shared_ptr<unsigned char> & fileContents={...}, unsigned int size=101) Line 145	C++	Symbols loaded.
 	pyrogenesis.exe!CConfigDB::WriteFile(EConfigNamespace ns=CFG_USER, const Path & path={...}) Line 424	C++	Symbols loaded.
 	pyrogenesis.exe!CConfigDB::WriteValueToFile(EConfigNamespace ns=14635124, const CStr8 & name={...}, const CStr8 & value={...}, const Path & path={...}) Line 452	C++	Symbols loaded.
 	pyrogenesis.exe!JSI_ConfigDB::WriteValueToFile(ScriptInterface::CxPrivate * __formal=0x083edcc0, const std::basic_string<wchar_t,std::char_traits<wchar_t>,std::allocator<wchar_t> > & cfgNsString={...}, const std::basic_string<char,std::char_traits<char>,std::allocator<char> > & name={...}, const std::basic_string<char,std::char_traits<char>,std::allocator<char> > & value={...}, const Path & path={...}) Line 112	C++	Symbols loaded.
 	pyrogenesis.exe!ScriptInterface_NativeWrapper<bool>::call<bool __cdecl(ScriptInterface::CxPrivate *,std::basic_string<wchar_t,std::char_traits<wchar_t>,std::allocator<wchar_t> > const &,std::basic_string<char,std::char_traits<char>,std::allocator<char> > const &,std::basic_string<char,std::char_traits<char>,std::allocator<char> > const &,Path const &),std::basic_string<wchar_t,std::char_traits<wchar_t>,std::allocator<wchar_t> >,std::basic_string<char,std::char_traits<char>,std::allocator<char> >,std::basic_string<char,std::char_traits<char>,std::allocator<char> >,Path>(JSContext * cx=0x03e443c8, JS::MutableHandle<JS::Value> rval={...}, bool(*)(ScriptInterface::CxPrivate *, const std::basic_string<wchar_t,std::char_traits<wchar_t>,std::allocator<wchar_t> > &, const std::basic_string<char,std::char_traits<char>,std::allocator<char> > &, const std::basic_string<char,std::char_traits<char>,std::allocator<char> > &, const Path &) fptr=0x00d14030, std::basic_string<wchar_t,std::char_traits<wchar_t>,std::allocator<wchar_t> > <params_0>={...}, std::basic_string<char,std::char_traits<char>,std::allocator<char> > <params_1>={...}, std::basic_string<char,std::char_traits<char>,std::allocator<char> > <params_2>={...}, Path <params_3>={...}) Line 75	C++	Symbols loaded.
 	pyrogenesis.exe!ScriptInterface::call<bool,std::basic_string<wchar_t,std::char_traits<wchar_t>,std::allocator<wchar_t> >,std::basic_string<char,std::char_traits<char>,std::allocator<char> >,std::basic_string<char,std::char_traits<char>,std::allocator<char> >,Path,&JSI_ConfigDB::WriteValueToFile>(JSContext * cx=0x03e443c8, unsigned int argc=4, JS::Value * vp=0x0817c068) Line 125	C++	Symbols loaded.
 	mozjs38-ps-release-vc120.dll!58a636a4()	Unknown	No symbols loaded.
 	[Frames below may be incorrect and/or missing, no symbols loaded for mozjs38-ps-release-vc120.dll]		Annotated Frame

Looking at it, I'd say it is because you have spaces in your path. Like in your session username for instance, or some special characters, such as spaces '/' 'é' 'è' 'à' or 'ö' etc. It fails to create the config file, and then it crashes.

You could:

• Create the file manually and see if works

Or:

• Run the game with the -writableRoot flag

I'm a bit concerned about your CPU though, it seems very old and not very powerful.

Hope it helps.

@elexis Sadly the string that the game fails to parse is not stored properly in the dump it seems and the only thing I know about it is that it has a length of 101.

@stanislas69 Well thank you for your help i will try it also how do i run the game with the -writableRoot flag?

Also, yes my pc is 5 years old the same goes for the cpu so yes neither are really powerfull

Edited by Arctic Song

You can edit the game shortcut by right clicking on it and adding the  flag at the end of the target.

On 7/17/2018 at 3:33 AM, stanislas69 said:

You can edit the game shortcut by right clicking on it and adding the  flag at the end of the target.

Nothing works i tried both of your solutions and nothing :(

I have this problem with chrome as default browser, using firefox as default browser solves the problem.