Faction idea: Kushans from Afganistán.

Lion.Kanzen

I found the comic on the author's weibo blog, of course.

Yuezhi (Predecessor of Kushan) also fought with Xiongnu. It was their defeat at the hands of Xiongnu that force them to went to North India and invade/drive out the Scythian, and later attacked Parthian and India.

Kushans also had contact with the Rome (although the Romans continued to refer to them as Bactrians). Basically Rome, Parthian, Kushan and Han were four major "great powers" of the Eurasia theater, connected together by silk road.

Later they also fought with (but defeated and subjugated by) the Sassanians at the North and Gupta at the South

DdbE8Cc.jpg

Kushan hoplites (or rather Greco-bactrian hoplite under Kushan service). "b" appears to be Athena, while  "d" hoplite appears to be wearing a Phrygian helmet?, muscled cuirass, and Manica limb armors similar to those used by Parthians.

Despite my repeated mentions of hoplites, overall Kushans was still a cavalry-heavy faction (both light horse archers, medium close combat cavalry & heavily armored cataphracts), with their infantry served only supportive/secondary role. 

Edited by wolflance
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, av93 said:

Is there's sufficient sources about them to make a good historically based full civ?

@Lion.Kanzen, @wowgetoffyourcellphone

As one of the great empire that's more or less comparable to Han and Rome, I think it has more than enough. In fact, I think it is proposed/set to appear in 0ad Empire Besieged?

• Like 1