===[TASK]=== Ptolemaic shields and unit props

Enrique

Here are the .PSD files for those who want to color them :)

Contains: bronze and metal variation, normal map (want to test how they look shiny and normal mapped in game) and a mask for easy area selection coloring. They're already scaled for in-game use. If someone wants the 512x512 files just ask for them ^_^.

post-13528-0-86608700-1370713723_thumb.jpost-13528-0-18918000-1370713758_thumb.j

Tips: For showing metal parts, just erase bronze layer parts. For player color, erase bronze parts, desaturate the same metal parts, and convert white to alpha.

ptolemaic shields.zip

I hope that only for infantry units. and we can have for Roman oval Shield type.

someone(may be Enrique) can post Oval form from 3D.

Reference.

http://s017.radikal.ru/i422/1304/d0/8c2047ebed6d.bmp

and i was post some shields for the Game(that have Alpha PSD) and other from other purposes .

in Zip are Woodeen Shields, and Bronze even Iron/Silver. with my own Eagle. is important have many Eagles for represent mostly of Ptolemy´s Pharao.

is a shame best Eagle are copyrighted. and is a new version of ancient(rebuild). can someoneelse can doit Eagle in 3d with best Caracteristic of otherr, i dont think that Infrage the Copyright. and again my mistake for Flirckr i think all downloadable have copyright.

https://www.dropbox....h/Shields1v.rar

and my own based Eagle can use all even for other Projects. and if you want to Know how i was do this is simple with Idobe Ideas(free), Illustrator and Photoshop.

https://www.dropbox....0Ptolomeios.psd

Z8ktxgb.jpg

Edited by Lion.Kanzen

Excellent work on the PSDs, Art Dept Leader Enrique! ;) I think #12 can be the basis for a new Macedonians civ emblem. (y)

Everything is awesome, except the Eagle (#2, #13, #14), methinks. I think Lion's eagle has a better shape. Lion, could you post a PSD with just the eagle on its own layer all by itself? Just the vector (no layer styles).

• 3 months later...

Meshes for oval shields (thureos and wicker variations) done. Tarantine shield base texture finished. Added kepher and eagle emblems to the metal shields I did before for ptolemies. Thureos .PSD template due for this afternoon.

Meshes and some of the possibilities of the template:

post-13528-0-91117900-1380191146_thumb.j

post-13528-0-23455900-1380191159.jpgpost-13528-0-84721800-1380191163.jpgpost-13528-0-70628500-1380191185_thumb.j

I'm going to need references/info for weapons/helmets/hats.... whatever props the ptolemaic units are going to need (if they're not borrowed all of them from greeks that is)

• Like 2