Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lion.Kanzen

a Software for Capture game screen

7 posts in this topic

A software different from FRAPS and don't use a lot of hardware resources

You don't need a software for that, just press F2 and the game will take a screenshot and tell you where the picture is saved to. ;)

You don't need a software for that, just press F2 and the game will take a screenshot and tell you where the picture is saved to. ;)

Oh, I always tried 'print' :blink:

Wouldn't this be more intuitive? Well, at least I know now ;)

Thanks!

Oh, I always tried 'print' :blink:

Wouldn't this be more intuitive? Well, at least I know now ;)

Thanks!

Generally that should work as well, it just uses the OS method of doing it. On Windows at least it should take a screenshot and put it in the clipboard if you press "PrtScn" as it's known on my keyboard at least =) Then you'd of course have to paste it into e.g. Paint/Photoshop/Gimp/etc to actually use it, but it does grab a screenshot :) (I think there might be another shortcut to save screenshots to disk directly even just using the OS commands, but I haven't memorized it =) )

Capturing video inherently requires a lot of hardware resources - FRAPS seems about as good as anything. The Evolve client also seems to work reasonably well for capturing game video (and is free).

Found another one: http://dxtory.com/v2-home-en.html Seems like it costs a bit more than Fraps, but also has more features, and might be less resource heavy, at least according to:

Just another option to check out for anyone who's interested in creating gameplay videos :)