New Map Akropolis

My rants about the atlas:

• Terrain elevation - Need a blur tool. Flattern is not good because it makes stairs on hillsides
  • In flattern - make it possible for user to define the height to which flattern to. For example I want to paint ocean so I flaten to height "2" And when I want to paint a hill I flaten to height "4". That would be good. Now It flaterns whole brush to height of the central square. Or add another tool with this behavior??
  • Terrain texturing- Fix the texture tesselation glitch , it looks weird and its annoying.
  • Need a pipete tool. To pick up terrain from map.
  • Unit placing- Need a pipete tool?
  • General rants
  • The zoom with mouse wheel is too slow when the camera is far and too fast when camera is close.
  • The arrows detto.

Terrain texturing- Fix the texture tesselation glitch , it looks weird and its annoying.
We're aware of this, but it probably will be awhile before it's fixed...

One feature I would like to see added under "Misc Hacks" (which will have to be renamed at some point :) ) is the ability to turn on the "red impassable" overlay part of the pathfinder. It would make it much easier to make mountains knowing what is passable and what is not.

Thanks! Comments are definitely helpful - I'd like to make the editor as non-painful as possible for its users :)

Terrain elevation - Need a blur tool. Flattern is not good because it makes stairs on hillsides
Hmm, it's not obvious how to implement this. Maybe what it should do is keep the terrain at the edges of the brush unchanged, and only modify the terrain in the middle, to tend towards a smoothly-interpolated curve. Probably need to experiment with this to work out what behaviour is intuitive and useful.
Terrain texturing- Fix the texture tesselation glitch , it looks weird and its annoying.
Yeah, needs to be fixed, but it's confusing ;)
The zoom with mouse wheel is too slow when the camera is far and too fast when camera is close.
You can use shift/ctrl/shift+ctrl keys to adjust the speed, but adjusting it automatically based on zoom sounds like a good idea.
One feature I would like to see added under "Misc Hacks" (which will have to be renamed at some point ;) ) is the ability to turn on the "red impassable" overlay part of the pathfinder.
Terrain panel -> Visualise -> Passability -> default. Does that do what you want? :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...