Random disconnections

5XT

Random disconnections started a month ago. Connection is perfect and i can join back immeadiately, but disconnections keep happening. Sometimes they dont, sometimes they happen 5x in a row. Can admins fix it somehow? Happens with mod or without mod. 

16 minutes ago, 5XT said:

Random disconnections started a month ago. Connection is perfect and i can join back immeadiately, but disconnections keep happening. Sometimes they dont, sometimes they happen 5x in a row. Can admins fix it somehow? Happens with mod or without mod. 

It does happen to me sometimes but i later noticed sometimes wifi reboots by itself - it happens quickly you may not notice, it disconnects and reconnects. I dont think its a problem with 0ad, possibly your isp or router,

Restarting the router manually may fix it. It does not only work this way with WiFi. It also works with ethernet connections, pieces of software, etc. Funny how in technology a bunch of things are fixed this way.

When it comes to WiFi connections, the network adapter might reload the wireless connections profile. What also might happen is that your computer might end up without any connection since the DHCP server allocated an IP address to the machine at some point back in time and now the addressing scheme might have changed.

Device drivers might also suddenly no longer be compatible with your operating system or even not work properly due to conflicts with other parts of the system.

Wireless connections are prone to the medium and this might turn out creating the most varied connection issues on the network card. Which are not as easily detected or troubleshooted as in wired connections.

• Like 1