Kushites

LetswaveaBook

My aim would be to let every feature of any faction feel unique.

Currently, the Kushites have the unique monumental architecture technology and it is a pity that it doesn't offer a lot of usefulness.

Unlike the Persian Architecture unique technology, it only affects civic buildings (CCs, temples and houses). I wanted to create a patch that energizes well with the existing features of the Kushites.

The Kushite faction has 5 different champions and I wanted to stress on that. Two of them are build at temples, which are civic buildings. So therefore I saw it fitting to increase the batch training speed for civic buildings.

https://code.wildfiregames.com/D4310

Also, to double on the champion aspect: I enabled the axe infantry champion in p2 adding to the Kushite identity of a varied p2 army.

https://code.wildfiregames.com/D4704

I hope that these changes can help to making playing as the Kushites a truly unique experience.

• Thanks 2

4310: the tech still doesn't look stellar but no longer outright useless -> +1

4704: removing p2 champs (a24) from some civs to add later to others -> I'd prefer deciding this for all civs instead of a case to case basis. There is a certain risk otherwise that over time all civs have the same special or worse the special wandering from civ to civ.

On 17/06/2022 at 11:41 AM, hyperion said:

4310: the tech still doesn't look stellar but no longer outright useless -> +1

Not every strategy needs to look stellar, so I consider that as a positive.

On 17/06/2022 at 11:41 AM, hyperion said:

4704: removing p2 champs (a24) from some civs to add later to others -> I'd prefer deciding this for all civs instead of a case to case basis. There is a certain risk otherwise that over time all civs have the same special or worse the special wandering from civ to civ.

There is some virtue in trying to solve all design problems in one single go. I would welcome a general discussion about which advantages become available in which phase. As long as that discussion is not  conclusive, we are limited to considering things case to case.