0ad repo and PPA looking more like BC. "Hash mismatch. weak" [SOLVED]

fatstinkypoopman

I did contact the debian dude and he assured me the repo file was fine. So i cleared my apt source list,cache and stuff again and installed from the terminal successfully. I suspect my problem has been data corruption during the transfer. N Korea hacking me again .

I was using Bodhi linux (ubuntu based) PPA which worked fine until I attempted to reinstall 0ad about a month ago. I get a "Hash mismatch" error from the "0ad_data" and installation fails.  I did some research on this error and attempted to fix similar to this https://www.poftut.com/apt-command-hash-sum-mismatch-error-and-solution-on-ubuntu-debian-mint-kali/

and a few other suggested ways but the retry fails.

After several fails I installed via "build instructions" and everything worked and I could play again.

However this gave me a playable but massive 17+ GB copy of 0ad, plus a bunch of build files i'll never need again.

So a couple of days ago I decide to install a newer distro Sparky 7 (debian based)

It's repo shows 0ad25b but the same "Hash mismatch" pointing to the 0ad data file crap happens.

So is something wrong on 0ad development end?   Please maintain your PPA, minetest devs do so never a problem for long.

And please get rid of Googles sign up captcha spyware (:.

I have a limited data plan on my isp so I can't try/fail many times,

Thanks for any help

Spagett
Edited by fatstinkypoopman
solved problem

5 hours ago, fatstinkypoopman said:

And please get rid of Googles sign up captcha spyware (:.

I second that. :)

5 hours ago, fatstinkypoopman said:

So is something wrong on 0ad development end?

I just reinstalled 0ad to test, but all is fine here, so it might be you. ^^'

Anyway, we're not the Debian maintainers, so I think your best bet will be to lay out your problem to them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• fatstinkypoopman changed the title to 0ad repo and PPA looking more like BC. "Hash mismatch. weak" [SOLVED]