0A.D Crashed on starting in Manjaro (5.15.21-1)

Greetings! 

2 days ago, I installed Manjaro on my system and tried to play 0A.D on it. The first time I ran the game, this error popped up:

image.png.13cfe78cfcc052c77b3a1cf78970ce99.png

Initially, I thought I did something wrong so I rebooted my system and tried again, and the game worked smoothly without any errors. However, this morning, the error returned. 

I installed the game with the command 'sudo pacman -S 0ad'.  Did I do something wrong, or is this issue specific to Manjaro? I have played this game on Windows and Ubuntu, in both cases the game worked very smoothly with no bugs at all! 

Thank you in advance, and I am grateful to the developers for creating such an enjoyable game!

Edited by NeptuneGamer

I have never seen this before, but I recommend you to post the logs located in ~/.local/share/0ad/logs

There might be an issue with your X-server. I recommend switching to pure Arch with Zen Kernel instead of some weird Arch derivative. Manjaro devs messed with the kernels and some repos so weird problems will occur. If you can't install pure Arch because of the cmd, try a less bloated alternative: Endeavour OS. 

@NeptuneGamerIt doesn't sound like you did anything wrong. I've been using Manjaro for almost a year, and right now, the 0ad package I installed with pacman works fine. Though the current svn build of 0ad is broken, that's an unrelated issue.

I don't know why you're having that problem though. Have you tried running 'pacman -Syu' since you first installed Manjaro? Can you tell us what graphics card you have?

Edited by andy5995
grammar