Connectivity

Titus Ultor

I have been wondering...I know that the two projects are using the same engine. However, I'm not sure how the projects are proceeding relatively compared to one another. Which one will be released first? And will the first one finished help the other one, or will it remain engrossed in patches and expansions? Looking at the screenshots, I'd say that 0 A.D. was at a higher level of creation. Given that all I've found of the Last Alliance is somewhat rough shots of varying types of terrain.

Please, ease my ignorance softly.

TLA is currently in preproduction; in other words, they are busy designing and discussing the game in its entirety, documenting the game mechanics, producing concepts, and so forth.

0 A.D. started a bit earlier, so they've already completed their design phase (more or less B)) and are now implementing their design, steadily working their way up to alpha milestone.

It's far too early to say yet, but when 0 A.D. is (eventually) released, that'll hopefully coincide with TLA completing its preproduction and ready to reuse the engine (the more mature and stable the engine is when they begin, the less fixes will have to occur in parallel).

So probably what'll happen is that some experienced staff from 0 A.D. will move over to TLA, some will work on the 0 A.D. expansion pack, and no doubt many others will collapse from exhaustion, retreat from human contact, and go into hiding on a remote island out in the South Pacific to subsist on clams and coconuts.