Can neither save nor load games

Max Mustermann

Hello,

lately (since the last two rounds) I can't save games and also can't load saved games, because the game crashes when I try to do so. When I try to open a saved round, a black window appears and another window says:

Much to our regret we must report the program has encountered an error.

Please let us know at http://trac.wildfiregames.com/ and attach the crashlog.txt and crashlog.dmp files.

Details: unhandled exception (Access violation reading 0x00000004)

Call stack:

(error while dumping stack: No stack frames found)
errno = 2 (Error during IO)
OS error = 0 (no error code was set)

Usually the same happens when I try to save a game, but this time (I checked it to copy the error message) the game crashes instantly. I never had this problem formerly. Today I reinstalled the game, but the problem remained.

My operating system is Windows, game version from 23. 08. 2018. I installed it via CHIP (https://www.chip.de).

• 2 weeks later...

Check your antivirus software. The logs didn't show anything out of the ordinary sadly...

EDIT: Try disabling GLSL and postprocessing in the game options.

Spoiler

>    pyrogenesis.exe!CShaderTechnique::BeginPass(int pass) Ligne 134    C++
     pyrogenesis.exe!CLogger::Render() Ligne 215    C++
     pyrogenesis.exe!Render() Ligne 264    C++
     pyrogenesis.exe!Frame() Ligne 416    C++
     pyrogenesis.exe!RunGameOrAtlas(int argc, const char * * argv) Ligne 634    C++
     pyrogenesis.exe!SDL_main(int argc, char * * argv) Ligne 680    C++
     pyrogenesis.exe!main_utf8(int argc, char * * argv) Ligne 126    C
     pyrogenesis.exe!wmain(int argc, unsigned short * * wargv, unsigned short * wenvp) Ligne 151    C

pyrogenesis.exe!CallStartupWithinTryBlock() Ligne 364    C++
     [Code externe]    
     kernel32.dll![Les frames ci-dessous sont peut-être incorrects et/ou manquants, aucun symbole chargé pour kernel32.dll]    Inconnu

• Thanks 1

On 28/12/2020 at 8:18 PM, Stan` said:

Check your antivirus software. The logs didn't show anything out of the ordinary sadly...

EDIT: Try disabling GLSL and postprocessing in the game options.

Reveal hidden contents

>    pyrogenesis.exe!CShaderTechnique::BeginPass(int pass) Ligne 134    C++
     pyrogenesis.exe!CLogger::Render() Ligne 215    C++
     pyrogenesis.exe!Render() Ligne 264    C++
     pyrogenesis.exe!Frame() Ligne 416    C++
     pyrogenesis.exe!RunGameOrAtlas(int argc, const char * * argv) Ligne 634    C++
     pyrogenesis.exe!SDL_main(int argc, char * * argv) Ligne 680    C++
     pyrogenesis.exe!main_utf8(int argc, char * * argv) Ligne 126    C
     pyrogenesis.exe!wmain(int argc, unsigned short * * wargv, unsigned short * wenvp) Ligne 151    C

pyrogenesis.exe!CallStartupWithinTryBlock() Ligne 364    C++

[Code externe]    

kernel32.dll![Les frames ci-dessous sont peut-être incorrects et/ou manquants, aucun symbole chargé pour kernel32.dll]    Inconnu

Hello,

I've disabled GLSL and postprocessing now. Error remains the same. What exactly should I check with the antivirus software?

• 2 weeks later...
Function call failed: return value was -100407 (Symbol nesting too deep or infinite recursion)

Call stack:

While generating an error report, we encountered a second problem. Please be sure to report both this and the subsequent error messages.
errno = 34 (?)
OS error = 0 (no error code was set)

Here is the latest error dialogue again, in case you need it. As far as I know, my antivirus programme gets along with 0 A. D.

20 hours ago, Max Mustermann said:

Here is the latest error dialogue again, in case you need it. As far as I know, my antivirus programme gets along with 0 A. D.

Mmmmh. The crashlog.dmp is crashlog.txt report a different error. The former says it's the GLSL bug, but the crashlog.txt returns a way different error. (A much scary one too) Could you attach the savegames (Sorry for the delay between answers) :) I need to reproduce it locally

• Like 1