The mod needs help

wowgetoffyourcellphone

So, as the mod gets bigger it gets harder to do everything myself. As I've been working on the hero features, I've had the idea to rebalance the tech costs of the game as well. But this in itself is a large task and the hero features aren't done. Here's what I'd like to do:

All techs (besides Phase techs and other techs listed below) will cost an amount of Glory, plus 1 more resource.

Village Techs: 50 Glory

Town Techs: 100 Glory

City Techs: 200 Glory

Empire Techs: 400 Glory

Then by building type, the "other" resources are these:

Civic Center: Food or Wood, later Stone or Metal, and Glory

Barracks: Food, Glory

Arch Range: Wood, Glory

Stable: Food, Glory

Blacksmith: Wood and Metal, no Glory (except the Forging and Metallurgy techs, which are only Glory)

Arsenal: Wood and Metal, no Glory

Elephant Stables: Food or Metal, Glory

Fortress: Metal or Coin, Glory

Shipyard: Wood or Metal, Glory

Dock: Wood, Glory

Temple: Coin, Glory

Storehouse and Farmstead: Food, Wood, or Metal, Glory

So, I need one or more persons to maybe submit some patches over at Github if you are interested in helping. 

https://github.com/JustusAvramenko/delenda_est

• Like 2

I can't take on another modding project right now. But in another month or three I might be able to help, assuming all you need is an extra hand to edit the json files. If you are looking for someone to exercise balance judgement for the values of those "other" resources, you will probably want someone else. I haven't played enough DE, or even just vanilla 0AD (competitively or otherwise) to know what I'm doing.

But, please keep me in mind if you have any other little tasks like this. As someone who loves tinkering in the guts of RTSs (more than actually playing them really), I admire your work on DE. I'd like to lend a hand if I can. (As someone who tried to make a total conversion mod of a similar scale on my own before, I know that help is needed. It's just a shame that fruitful collaboration is often so hard. When they don't try to take over creative control of your project, they'll promise the moon and then disappear for months without a scrap of the work they promised. I'm trying to be more proactive about not falling into the latter category.)

Edited by ChronA