There could be users with special designations such as 'coaches' and 'lobby helpers' [LOBBY]

HMS-Surprise

On 6/20/2019 at 5:07 AM, HMS-Surprise said:

We are currently trying to make 0 A.D. more challenging, more fun by using the power of the community. 

Encouraging people to work for 0 A.D. by doing what they love in their social lives, is an opportunity for a more efficient and energetic source of manpower.

There are going to be several events to extend the inner circle. We are inviting people to take action on several positions as a player, spectator, commentator, trainer, streamer, designer etc.  

One of them is 1v1 series being discussed in the community for a while. 
Another one is something like "newbie school" by experienced players.

The main reason for doing that is to help new-coming players passing the newbie stage less painfully.  On the other hand, it gives an opportunity to the regular players to have other roles in the community.

One of the experienced players is ready to be a "coach" and we would like to make a pilot program for this. 

On 6/22/2019 at 4:17 AM, HMS-Surprise said:

Is it possible to add a prefix to the players who want to be coach. Something like mods have "@" but different one, easy to recognise. Therefore, we can introduce that we have coaches in the lobby

On 7/4/2019 at 3:25 AM, HMS-Surprise said:
On 7/2/2019 at 11:02 AM, user1 said:

Does the list of coaches constantly grow or is it pretty static? You could just hard code the list and the mod will handle the display of their names.

It's not static. The list of coaches can change during time. The reason I support the idea it's good for people who would like to learn and also it's good for people who like to teach. 

Being a medium player takes a while. If we reduce the this time we can have more pro and medium players. Also, currently there is a wall between pro players and newbies. They have different worlds in the same lobby. I suppose coaching thing can break walls. Since there are already people to be a coach/student. The only missing thing they can't find each other. I would like solve this with the help of the community.

There are a few people at the moment who is motivated to teach. I believe there are more. If we can start small we gain experience on this issue quickly to establish a more sustainable structure. 

The future plan is to establish a structure that is to build, easy to find coaches/students. Currently, I'm imagining a medium/pro player host a game like this "NEWBIE SCHOOL by Itrelles". With this method we don't have to contact and explain what is this. They just need to join the room and the coach will do the rest. 

It would be perfect if we announce that players who has a prefix e.g. "&" are coaches. But if it requires extra download or too much effort. The method that I suggest above can work better.

On 7/3/2019 at 5:32 PM, elexis said:

Should they be official WFG coaches or coaches of your event that is recommended by WFG? A special prefix would indicate the former.

WFG could put the names of your coaches into the lobby subject? Or a link to a forum post with details?

It's already hard to learn everything at the beginning. I don't think that is a good idea to create something that needs downloads and setups. I prefer something easy, easy to understand what is it and requires less effort. 

If there will be a school culture in the community I think the medium/pro players should be a coach easily without any bureaucracy. I don't mind they are official or not. 

To be clear, I don't have a personal event. I just solve a part to success. In the Sunday Pro Games event there were more than 40 players who helped to create/finish the event from the community and outside the community. 

This one is not related with upcoming 1v1 event. The absolute reason is to keep the new player at least a year or more. 

Again, those are not related with me. I don't have a coach or an event. I do this for the community and there are other players who want to contribute more to the game. I just use my experience to make the things happen. 

If adding a prefix is not easy I can expect an announcement support. I've been preparing some texts explaining what is it. The biggest problem here is to find and explain what is this school and how/where can they attend. There are several places we can reach experienced players. But there is no platform like lobby where we can identify and reach out new players. Showing them who is coach would be easier. 

• Thanks 1