Alpha 20 Gameplay Improvement?

It look like Alpha 20 is imminent, hmmm.  I think release should have at least 1 or 2 good gameplay improvement or feature but I cannot think of anything new in months. There are many patch on Trac that I've try in Delenda Est that work. 2 small improvement that I can confirm work good (but maybe need some tweak) are:

1. Sheep in corral food trickle. Only thing that need fixed is prevent animal from wandering. This is not in DE anymore because of changes to UnitAI deprecated my changes.

2. Only allow ranged infantry garrison show up on battlements. I have this working in Delenda Est for couple months. Major work here is determine the prop points, but you can ask some fans to do it.

Both base on patches from Trac.

These 2 thing can easily added with some tweaks and tested. I'm sure there are more. Not difficult to add, but add some new dimension to the play.

Edited by wowgetoffyourcellphone

We are beyond feature freeze, so no new features will be added for Alpha 20. Also, unless you suddenly have learned programming, please don't say that something is easy or difficult to add. It might seem easy, but if you don't actually know all the implications you will not be able to give a realistic estimate. Saying "it's easy" anyway just adds unnecessary expectations from people who don't know which things actually are easy or difficult.

2 minutes ago, feneur said:

We are beyond feature freeze, so no new features will be added for Alpha 20. Also, unless you suddenly have learned programming, please don't say that something is easy or difficult to add. It might seem easy, but if you don't actually know all the implications you will not be able to give a realistic estimate. Saying "it's easy" anyway just adds unnecessary expectations from people who don't know which things actually are easy or difficult.

They are easy precisely because I (a idiot) was able to add them and they worked.

Just now, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

They are easy precisely because I (a idiot) was able to add them and they worked.

If we just add everything that seems to work the game could very easily become unstable. Now these features could be easy for all I know, but that's the point, I don't. And I don't know if you know all the risks which might come with them, which is why I trust the programmers to make those judgments rather than you whom I know at least haven't had any programming knowledge. That might have changed, but I doubt you'd downplay your own expertise in that case.

1 minute ago, feneur said:

If we just add everything that seems to work the game could very easily become unstable. Now these features could be easy for all I know, but that's the point, I don't. And I don't know if you know all the risks which might come with them, which is why I trust the programmers to make those judgments rather than you whom I know at least haven't had any programming knowledge. That might have changed, but I doubt you'd downplay your own expertise in that case.

I recommend these 2 items because they use some of the same stable features already in the game (sheep corral trickle use garrison aura and visible prop point, two stable feature, for example). Take a look at them. They are not that difficult to add compare to somethink like battalions or ship ramming or things like these. That's what I mean.