chickens and fish on Archipelago

oshron

twice in a row i've noticed a problem on the Archipelago map where chickens spawn within the footprint (?) of the default civic center and can't be reached, which has hindered me twice now such that my hunters keep trying to get to them when they can't

a much more persistent problem with this particular map, though, is that fish have a tendency to spawn on land and are uncollectable as a result since fishing boats can't get to them. this one i think can probably be fixed by letting citizen-soldiers gather from them as well (like villagers could in AOK) but the chicken problem is the more serious one, i think

• Like 1

Land units are not allowed to gather fish specifically because of the issue that fish are hard to reach. It caused problems with the AI trying to fish, but also the same issue of your hunters trying to get the chickens for regular players.

So that fishing solution isn't advisable, but chickens and fish should be placed on passable terrain (which isn't that easy, most maps solve it by just placing the chickens in a fixed-size ring around the CC).