[RESOLVED] Flashing shapes with static (dual Intel and AMD GPUs)

muffins

Hi, I've been playing this game for a couple of months just fine on my desktop. Recently, I've tried playing it on a new laptop but whenever I start a new match, triangular shapes of static start flashing and some icons and text flicker. I get this error message every time this happens:

Much to our regret we must report the program has encountered an error.

Please let us know at http://trac.wildfiregames.com/ and attach the crashlog.txt and crashlog.dmp files.

Details: unhandled exception (Access violation reading 0x00000004)

Call stack:

(error while dumping stack: No stack frames found)

errno = 42 (?)

OS error = 0 (no error code was set)

I've tried searching through the forums without luck and I hope someone could tell me what might be going on.

Crash logs are attached here:

crashlog.dmp

crashlog.txt

Here is the call stack:

ig75icd32.dll!631e6258() 	 	[Frames below may be incorrect and/or missing, no symbols loaded for ig75icd32.dll]	>	pyrogenesis.exe!CPostprocManager::ReleaseRenderOutput()  Line 391	C++ 	pyrogenesis.exe!CRenderer::RenderSubmissions(const CBoundingBoxAligned & waterScissor={...})  Line 1567	C++ 	pyrogenesis.exe!CRenderer::RenderScene(Scene & scene={...})  Line 1870	C++ 	pyrogenesis.exe!CGameView::Render()  Line 489 + 0x3c bytes	C++ 	pyrogenesis.exe!Render()  Line 229	C++ 	pyrogenesis.exe!Frame()  Line 369	C++ 	pyrogenesis.exe!RunGameOrAtlas(int argc=1, const char * * argv=0x027115e8)  Line 511 + 0x5 bytes	C++ 	pyrogenesis.exe!SDL_main(int argc=1, char * * argv=0x027115e8)  Line 555 + 0xd bytes	C++ 	pyrogenesis.exe!main(int argc=1, char * * argv=0x027115e8)  Line 140 + 0xd bytes	C 	pyrogenesis.exe!wmain(int argc=1, wchar_t * * argv=0x02716c18)  Line 380 + 0xa bytes	C++ 	pyrogenesis.exe!__tmainCRTStartup()  Line 583 + 0x17 bytes	C 	pyrogenesis.exe!CallStartupWithinTryBlock()  Line 397	C++ 	kernel32.dll!@BaseThreadInitThunk@12()  + 0xe bytes	 	ntdll.dll!__RtlUserThreadStart()  + 0x24 bytes	 	ntdll.dll!__RtlUserThreadStart@8()  + 0x1b bytes	
It could be an issue with post processing initialization that is fixed for A18, though your GPU is definitely new enough that it supports FBOs. At least in the crash dump, pglBindFramebufferEXT is a null pointer, though it indicates the crash is occurring inside the driver itself. If enabling GLSL per Loki1950's suggestion doesn't help, then I would try updating your drivers.

Wow, thanks for the quick replies.

Its working now but it wasn't by enabling GLSL, which didn't seem to affect the issue. The laptop I use had an integrated Intel GPU and a dedicated AMD one, so I opened up their settings and set everything on max which stopped the static and flashing triangles. Could it be the multiple GPUs that caused the problem?

Wow, thanks for the quick replies.

Its working now but it wasn't by enabling GLSL, which didn't seem to affect the issue. The laptop I use had an integrated Intel GPU and a dedicated AMD one, so I opened up their settings and set everything on max which stopped the static and flashing triangles. Could it be the multiple GPUs that caused the problem?

It is unfortunately they don't swith correctly sometimes. Left clicking on the desktop you should have an option to configure switchable, setting an application to high performance will make sure it is run by the good GPU.