GL Errors in atlas (OOM 1285 and Invalid value 1282)

Stan`

Today I learnt that the map unit demo allows to display all the buildings in order to cache every texture. So I decided to try it. On the Vanilla Game I get à 1285 error and a 1282.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/15722803/opengl-shader-error-1282

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/13376021/devil-ilload-error-1285

I also get some glitches on the mounted units.

Here is a screenshot (I have more models than you do cause I have mods enabled here)

post-12287-0-11947000-1413026913_thumb.p

Hmm, it's not 100% clear from your post whether or not you get the errors with just SVN as you first say with the vanilla game, and then at the screenshot mentions additional units from mods. I certainly don't get any such errors in the SVN version. (On Windows 7.)

Also, it would really be helpful if you would be more specific than "get some glitches". If it's difficult to describe in words, please take a screenshot of it, or possibly record a video if it's hard to tell in a screenshot.

I see some weird lines in the background if that's what you mean. I would suggest that you try deleting the cache to see if that fixes those though, or rather iirc that kind of thing (or at least what it looks like, it's not much one can see far in the distance there) usually is a sign that something is wrong with the cache.

I have 512MB VRAM (and 8GB RAM).

Assuming you're on Windows: Download and install it, create a new project with the wizard, point it to wherever your pyrogenesis.exe is, and accept all the defaults until it's finished. You can set a breakpoint with Breakpoints > Break on Detected Error. Then press F5 or clicking the green arrow will start the game as usual. Now at any time you can press F6 or use Debug > Break inside gDebugger to break into the debugger, or wait until there is an error and it will break automatically. I would recommend testing in windowed mode, not fullscreen.

Once you've broken into the debugger, View > Viewers > Graphic and Compute memory analysis viewer or Ctrl+Shift+M will open up a window that shows the GPU memory usage.