[RESOLVED} Assertion failed: "hDbghelp" Location: dbghelp.cpp:48 (dbghelp_ImportFunctions) (was: Woah: What's this?)

TriplicariusDEN

Assertion failed: "hDbghelp"

Call stack:

While generating an error report, we encountered a second problem. Please be sure to report both this and the subsequent error messages.
errno = 0 (No error reported here)
OS error = 126 (The specified module could not be found.)

Oh, and this:

Assertion failed: "pSymInitializeW"

Call stack:

While generating an error report, we encountered a second problem. Please be sure to report both this and the subsequent error messages.
errno = 13 (Insufficient access rights to open file)
OS error = 127 (The specified procedure could not be found.)

crashlog.txtinterestinglog.htmlinterestinglog.htmlmainlog.htmloos_dump.txtsystem_info.txt

Edited by TriplicariusDEN

Also, one thing we need to know is the version of 0ad you use (svn or regular release). Knowing your OS is also essential, but that will be in system_info.txt.

If that happens during a game, and not at launch or something, don't forget to add the commands.txt corresponding to the game you were playing (in the sim_log folder).

Is it the first time (or one of the first times) you play 0ad?

Also, one thing we need to know is the version of 0ad you use (svn or regular release). Knowing your OS is also essential, but that will be in system_info.txt.

If that happens during a game, and not at launch or something, don't forget to add the commands.txt corresponding to the game you were playing (in the sim_log folder).

Is it the first time (or one of the first times) you play 0ad?

Yep. I do.

Er, What's svn? How do I tell if it's regular/svn? :bored:

All of them please :) Just put them in a zip file and attach it to a reply to this topic (click "More Reply Options" to get the option to attach files), and then it's easy for the one trying to debug it to look through the files he needs to look at.

Edited my original post for the files :sword_rune:

Edited by TriplicariusDEN

If you don't know what is svn, you're not using it ;)

The error looks like a bad install. Can you do the following?

1) Uninstall 0A.D.

2) Go to C:\Users\your-name\AppData\Local and remove entirely the 0 A.D. alpha folder. If that fails, restart your computer and retry.

3) Install 0 A.D. again.

Thanks in advance!

If you don't know what is svn, you're not using it ;)

The error looks like a bad install. Can you do the following?

1) Uninstall 0A.D.

2) Go to C:\Users\your-name\AppData\Local and remove entirely the 0 A.D. alpha folder. If that fails, restart your computer and retry.

3) Install 0 A.D. again.

Thanks in advance!

How do I get svn?

You can read http://trac.wildfiregames.com/wiki/BuildInstructions, but this is a bit technical ;) SVN is just the development version, actually.

Anyway, it would be cool to fix the problem you described, even if you choose to change version. If not for you, tracking bugs is important for us! Did you try what I proposed?

Eh. If thats the thing, I don't want it.

And yes, I did.

it worked. :D