png and dds textures are not read by Atlas

andreskusa

Hi there,

I'm just trying to understand the way 3D graphics from Blender are imported to 0AD. So I followed the tutorial at http://trac.wildfiregames.com/wiki/Basic3DImplementation. At the end, my .dae file seems to be loaded and is shown as black box in the Actor Viewer of Atlas. But the .png texture I created with Gimp as suggested, causes an error. The same is, when I export the image from Gimp as DDS (using the DDS plugin).

The texture is downloaded from the linked burningwell.org site, as suggested. I tried to follow the instructions for Gimp as exactly as possible.

Since I guess this is more an user error than a bug, I post this here. If you think I should open a bug report (if I'm allowed doing this), I can do this as well.

The 0AD version I'm using is the alpha 15, osiris.

Attached you'll find the copies of both error stacks, when trying a png and for a dds. Also the images itself.

First I thought it could have something to with the case I'm using the binary version for modding and not the one from the SVN, since in the binary version all files are in this special .cached format, which is not the case in the SVN version (which I also have and built from source). But then I realised that the .dae file seems to be correctly read, although this one is also not cached.

So, am I doing here something stupidly wrong with my png or dds file creation in Gimp?

Thanks in advance,

Andre

0ad_atlas_dds_error_stack.txt

0ad_atlas_png_error_stack.txt

post-16094-0-58447700-1393192606.png

crate_test.dds