Note to the site admin

Romulus

Firstly the mods can put this post where they so choose as I have now idea where this will go.

Now, is it possible you can implement a group session PM with more than one members on here.

Why?

Because this (my preference on doing things) makes easy especially for a modding crew. Also if correspondence is done mostly by PM it helps keep clutter from building up in threads with useless "general" info.

So if you can understand my point... IRC you might add? Yeah, but not everyone finds that convenient.

The last time I looked you cannot group chat on, so clarify that as well. Lazy to look :)

Looks that there is a mod out there that could be used. Admins still have to think about how to prevent spammers from abusing the feature though.

In the meantime, why not split your discussions into discussion threads and informational summary threads? The discussion threads then would replace what you have in mind with the group PM. The info threads could be made sticky.

You should be able to do this already :) Just enter more than one username (separated by commas I believe) in the "Recipient's Name" textbox and it will be sent to everyone :) There's also a handy function which shows you which of the recipients have read it and when, so in that regard it's better than using a forum thread.

As for preventing spammers: We're only allowing PM permissions to members who have already posted five or more ordinary forum posts, and so far that has proved enough to prevent PM spam. (We did have one or two occasions of PM spam before that, which we thankfully were able to catch and remove before most people had a chance to read, so we were at least able to limit their reach.) We don't want to restrict things more than necessary as that would cause limitations for ordinary users as well :)

Hmm yes but then messages will be in separate in boxes as opposed to one.

Still maybe the webmaster can run an addon if there's one for the forum software :)

If any of the people in the conversation replies, everyone in the conversation will be able to read it. There's no need to install any additional software.