Stats

Dschinghis_Wolf

Dear all,

what I definitely need are stats!

An overview of stats so i will know which unit I can use to counter another unit...

That is super important for me and i guess for some other players as well...

The training tooltips give you a quick idea of what units are best against others. Though, it would be nice to also include a detailed stats screen in an encyclopedia-style format. This is something we want, but other things take priority at the moment.

Those stats used to be in the unit creation tooltip, but they were removed because the plan was to have some encyclopedia (often, the only way to push devs into doing something is by enervating them).

Now, you still can see the stats, but only when the unit is created. When you select a single unit, you can hoover some parts of the center pane, and get info about bonuses, attack and armour stats ...

Hi

I've never had the need to go and look into the stats as of yet, but in my experience, logic applies.

Spear units vs cavalry

Archers weak vs all

Swordsmen strong vs all except cavalry

Skirmisher units strong vs archers, but weak vs the rest

Woman strong in bed but weak vs the everything else sadly.

So its really simple ;)

http://0ad.wikia.com/wiki/0_A.D._Wiki

different units have attack bonuses vs others, but varying levels of armor throw a bit of a wrench in the heirarchy late game.

For instance, spearmen do double damage against cavalry, and can be upgraded to soak up missile fire, which makes them useful for street fighting, and protecting missile units. They can also be upgraded to take more hack damage on a separate tech path, which gives them more resistance in melee, but they are more easily shot down.

Hover over the portrait to see the attack multipliers, and hover over the shield in the middle of the unit UI to see attack strength and armor.

Archers actually do double damage vs swordsmen, and 1.5 damage to cavalry spearmen.

Skirmishers do not have a damage bonus vs archers, but have a 1.5 multiplier vs spearmen and elephants. they also have a 2x(?) damage multiplier against cavalry archers

Swordsmen are only strong against spearmen(2x) and skirmishers(1.5x)