dog technologies

newcivs

Dogs

in the celtic war the dogs was used as shock troops killing light enemy units, and go out to strong enemy units, therefore i think that the Britons and Celts must:

* Train Dogs "Aegis Bot"

* Create some technologies "upgrade advanced rank dogs and upgrade elite rank dogs"

and on brythonic blacksmith a technology called "dog training" +2 melee attack for Dogs and on Kennel a technology "breed puppies" -30 food cost

Ligh Calvary:

In 0AD factions some factions has good licht calvary, other factions has "normal" calvary, and some factions has bad light calvary

the Good Calvary:

* Carthaginian Calvary "+4 range +4 attack default"

* Gaisaredos "+3 range + 3 attack"

* Macedonian "and Ptolomeaic": Such as Carthaginian Calvary

"normal calvary":

* Persian "+2 range +1 attack"

* hellenic & athenian "unaffected"

* bad calvary

* Mauryan "cheap & poor soldiers" -3 range -2 attack"

* Spartan "the calvary was a joke, the power was on holipites" -5 range - 4 attack

Edited by newcivs

The war dogs were used by Egyptians and later by Rome in the Germanic regions, serving as patrol units. The only Celts I'm aware of that used and trained dogs were the Britons. Iceni.

War dogs were not "shock troops" they were classified as skirmishes to disgruntle and dishearten enemy soldiers. Shock units are more heavy cavalry which thumps enemy lines hard causing mayhem and dismay. This also applies to heavy infantry.

And if you look at my Roman post in the mods section, I have mentioned this ;)

• Like 2

Some 0AD Faction used dogs:

* Ptolomeics

* Romans

* and celts "britons"

cheap & powrful armies were, i think that we can put some technologies for dogs, for example:

* Increase ranks with technologies

rank_advanced_dog

rank_elite_dog

and a technology "Breed Puppies" "-30% cost + 20% train time"

Edited by newcivs

Two threads about dogs in two days is a bit much.

The threads are merged.

Ok, but i have a question, i m creating the "rank upgrader technology"

i put it in "general" not in celtic folder "general means /simulation/data/technologies/*

this are my upgraders

{	"genericName": "Advanced Dog",	"description": "Upgrade all of your dogs to Advanced rank.",	"cost": {"food": 50, "wood": 0, "stone": 0, "metal": 30},    "requirements": {"tech": "phase_town"},    "requirementsTooltip": "Unlocked in Town Phase.",	"icon": "upgrade_advanced.png",	"researchTime": 40,	"tooltip": "Upgrade all of your Dog mercenaries to Advanced rank. This increases their military prowess. Unlocks Elite Dog technology.",	"modifications": [{"value": "Promotion/RequiredXp", "replace": 0}],	"affects": ["Dog Basic"],	"soundComplete": "interface/alarm/alarm_upgradearmory.xml"}
{	"genericName": "Elite Dogs",	"description": "Upgrade all of your Dogs to Elite rank.",	"cost": {"food": 50, "wood": 0, "stone": 0, "metal": 500},	"requirements": {"tech": "phase_town"},	"requirementsTooltip": "Unlocked in City Phase.",	"icon": "upgrade_elite.png",	"researchTime": 10,	"supersedes": "upgrade_rank_advanced_dog",	"tooltip": "Upgrade all of your Dog to Elite rank. This increases their military prowess",	"modifications": [{"value": "Promotion/RequiredXp", "replace": 0}],	"affects": ["Dog Advanced"],	"soundComplete": "interface/alarm/alarm_upgradearmory.xml"}

am i working good?