kings, Queens, Emporers & Generals For Regicide Game Mode

burzum2

Really exactly. WHO SAID ANYTHING about having spies??? lol.... Jeez.

How would a spy work????

Here idanwin learn the ABC before you read this........

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spies

Romulous,

I'm afraid I'm not following your criticism. I know how to read and I know what a spy is. Where would you get the idea that I don't?!

My argument is that having these special spy units would increase micromanagement without adding anything positive to the gaming experience IMO.

So I'm against spy units.

However I would like to add something that reveals where the enemy king/emperor/etc. is. A bit like in the (board) game 'Scotland Yard', where the position of Mr. X is revealed periodically. This would allow you to focus your attack force on certain areas of the enemy territory. Sending spies on a mission to discover the location of the leader sounds very reasonable to me. However I don't want to have to move this spy all around the map, diverting my attention from resource management and troop recruitment. Making spies a hidden feature to the game (a bit like Europa Universalis and Crusader Kings, two games I love) would add the novelty of spies adding barely any micromanagement (i.e. you send spies on a mission to discover the location of the enemy king/emperor/etc. and after a while this location will be highlighted so that you know where to send your army. After this mission is complete you can send your spies on a new mission)

There would be no spy units that you have to train, move, etc.

• Like 1

Romulous,

I'm afraid I'm not following your criticism. I know how to read and I know what a spy is. Where would you get the idea that I don't?!

My argument is that having these special spy units would increase micromanagement without adding anything positive to the gaming experience IMO.

So I'm against spy units.

However I would like to add something that reveals where the enemy king/emperor/etc. is. A bit like in the (board) game 'Scotland Yard', where the position of Mr. X is revealed periodically. This would allow you to focus your attack force on certain areas of the enemy territory. Sending spies on a mission to discover the location of the leader sounds very reasonable to me. However I don't want to have to move this spy all around the map, diverting my attention from resource management and troop recruitment. Making spies a hidden feature to the game (a bit like Europa Universalis and Crusader Kings, two games I love) would add the novelty of spies adding barely any micromanagement (i.e. you send spies on a mission to discover the location of the enemy king/emperor/etc. and after a while this location will be highlighted so that you know where to send your army. After this mission is complete you can send your spies on a new mission)

There would be no spy units that you have to train, move, etc.

Apology for the brash sentiment.

All I'm saying is, its more fun if we as the play do the spying rather than an AOE conventional automated revealer... Outdated.

Besides, what's wrong with the emissary concept which is also a manual task? It might not come about in the main game, but I'm seriously planning this for a mod :)

That's fine :-)

The way I see it I - as player - am a commander. Or possibly a tyrant. Anyway: I do all of the tactics, and bossing people around in general ("stop idling, idlers! hunt! mine! chop wood! and don't stop unless I don't forget to sound the alarm when the enemy is coming!") but I trust my spies to be good at their job. I don't want to have to figure out how the spy has to get behind the enemy lines.

Of course in a mod spies are fine :-)

And lets get back on topic now ;-)