A Personal Update

Dear everyone!

I've been on this forum for quite a while and many of you may have seen me around.

So far I've not been able to contribute much because of my lack of skills (of course I did contribute with a humble monetary donation ;-) ) and that's not about to change. I (quite abruptly) disappeared from this forum around February this year to only reappear for a short period on rare occasions and, I'm afraid, that's not about to change either.

Last year I decided that I wanted to study Computer Science at Oxford University and (rather to my surprise) I received my conditional offer mid-January. This was a huge motivation to put more time in my studies and less in roaming the forum. I've now been studying at Oxford for 2 weeks and I'm going to be very very busy studying for the next 6 weeks. But, and this is the important part, I'm going to learn a lot! And somewhere during my studies I believe I will acquire the necessary skills to take some programming tasks on me, which (I hope) will allow me to contribute to my favourite Open Source project! (and earn a living)

I want to thank everyone on 0 A.D. because you've been part of the reason I got interested in Computer Science in the first place (not the only one 'cause there's just too many reasons CompSci is AWESOME!)

Kind Regards,

Idanwin

Edited by idanwin
  • Like 2