===[TASK]=== Cheetah

zentaoaki

Texture looks good enough. For the next time here's a trick: since the animal is symmetric, you can just texture one half while keeping a "mirror" modifier. This way you have two big advantages: you only have to texture half of the model, and you can make the UVs much bigger, resulting in a gain in final texture resolution.

La textura se ve bien. Para la proxima vez puedes texturizar solo mitad del animal, ya que son simétricos. Usando un modificador "mirror". De esta forma trabajas solo la mitad en la textura y tienes mas espacio para hacer mas grandes las islas de UV, con lo q se consigue mas resolucion en la textura final.

Lion Kanzen y stanislas69:

Cheetah´s head seems stretched when it´s walking. When sitting neck grows. The same happens to the ears that fold back when stalking. I made lost weight neck. The head is well sized

Cuando el gepardo anda la cabeza parece que se estira. Cuando está sentado el cuello crece. Lo mismo le ocurre a las orejas, que se pliegan hacia atrás cuando acecha. Le adelgacé el cuello. La cabeza está bien de tamaño

Front looks good ...

y de frente se ve bien...

Enrique:

There is a mistake on neck (Cheetah_mistake). When Blender texture sets this neck mistake, which does not belong to any area unwrap texture. When I try to delete this mistake Blender does strange things and spoil another paint areas.

El cuello tiene este error (Cheetah_mistake). Cuando Blender coloca la textura en el cuello se crea este defecto.o, que no corresponde con ninguna zona de la textura unwrap. Cuando intento eliminarlo con la herramiente de pintura de textura de Blender, esta hace cosas extrañas llegando a pintarse zonas ya acabadas.

post-15732-0-28062600-1389476632_thumb.j

post-15732-0-75315300-1389476644_thumb.p

post-15732-0-04484100-1389476653_thumb.p

Cheetah NEW.zip

Enrique:

There is a mistake on neck (Cheetah_mistake). When Blender texture sets this neck mistake, which does not belong to any area unwrap texture. When I try to delete this mistake Blender does strange things and spoil another paint areas.

El cuello tiene este error (Cheetah_mistake). Cuando Blender coloca la textura en el cuello se crea este defecto.o, que no corresponde con ninguna zona de la textura unwrap. Cuando intento eliminarlo con la herramiente de pintura de textura de Blender, esta hace cosas extrañas llegando a pintarse zonas ya acabadas.

You can unwrap parts of the model that aren't unwrapped yet without affecting the ones already unwrapped and still being connected. This is achieved by selecting all the vertices that you don't want to modify in the UV image editor, and hitting "P" to "pin" those vertices. Once pinned the parts that you don't want to be modified, just select all and unwrap as always, the pinned parts will be in the same place, and the parts that are not pinned will be nicely unwrapped and connected to the rest of the UVs.

Puedes mapear partes del modelo que todavia no han sido "unwrappeadas" sin afectar las que ya estan mapeadas en la textura y hacerlo de modo que esten conectadas. Esto se consigue seleccionando todos los vertices que no quieres modificar en el UV editor y pulsando P, para clavar los vertices. Una vez que esten clavados los que no quieres que se modifiquen, selecciona todos y haz un unwrap como siempre. Las partes clavadas seguirán en el mismo sitio y las que no están clavadas se "unwrapearán" manteniendo la conexion con el resto de partes.

• Like 1

Stanislas69:

Thank you very much for new UV image. I thinked Cheetah_UV_paintig was OK. Sorry, I was wrong...

Enrique:

Thank you very much. I will try to repair UV image like you write on last post #37, but a I think that will be more easy make a new better unwrap, like you write on post #30.

So, I'm on it....

• 3 months later...

Hello everyone:

I don´t worked in this project on last months. I'm actually disconnected from it and I'm not sure I will work later.

I give this notice to make known this situation and if anyone wants to continue it.

I appreciate the opportunity to worked in this project. I learned very much from members who kindly guided and helped me. Thank you very much.

Cheers...

----------------------------------------

Hola a todos:

Por diversos motivos no he realizado nada de este proyecto en los últimos meses. En realidad actualmente estoy bastante desconectado de él, y no estoy seguro de que pueda retomarlo mas adelante.

Doy este aviso para evitar mas retraso en su realización, o al menos dar a conocer su situación y por si alguien desea continuarlo.

Sinceramente les agradezco la oportunidad de haber podido contribuir -al menos un poco- en este proyecto, y por todo lo que he aprendido de los miembros que amablemente me han guiado y ayudado. Gracias.

Un saludo.

Edited by zentaoaki
  • Like 1