Naval Battle

wneeley

When I play on a naval battle map, how can I move soldier or citizens to another island?

If you select units you can garrison them inside the ship with the garrison icon ( garrison.png ) and then click on a ship that is currently at the coast. It's the same way when you garrison units inside buildings (towers etc).

To unload, click the ungarrison icon ( garrison-out.png ) when you are at your target location.

Or you can ctrl-RightClick on a ship with selected units.

Edited by nylki

If you select units you can garrison them inside the ship with the garrison icon ( garrison.png ) and then click on a ship that is currently at the coast. It's the same way when you garrison units inside buildings (towers etc).

To unload, click the ungarrison icon ( garrison-out.png ) when you are at your target location.

Or you can ctrl-RightClick on a ship with selected units.

Excuseme for trolling, but i tried to do it with siege weapons "Rams and Assault towers", but i can't, and with animals "Dogs and Elephants" and i can't it, hot i can garrison this units, on ships?

Without warming this topic up too much, but in my opinion a simply right-click on a ship (no ctrl-rclick) would be more useful in most cases. Perhaps showing the garrison icon, when hovering the cursor over a ship, to indicite that the selected units will be garrisoned inside the ship when a right click is performed. Same might be useful for buildings?

Without warming this topic up too much, but in my opinion a simply right-click on a ship (no ctrl-rclick) would be more useful in most cases. Perhaps showing the garrison icon, when hovering the cursor over a ship, to indicite that the selected units will be garrisoned inside the ship when a right click is performed. Same might be useful for buildings?

Right click is used to repair ships (and buildings), ctrl-rclick is used to garrison for every garrisoning structure. Switching those two around just for ships would make it very un-intuitive. And having to use ctrl-rclick every time you want to repair or build something would have the opposite effect of what you wanted: less hotkeys.

As for animals, I think it's fixed in SVN now, they should be garrisonable now.

Right click is used to repair ships (and buildings), ctrl-rclick is used to garrison for every garrisoning structure. Switching those two around just for ships would make it very un-intuitive. And having to use ctrl-rclick every time you want to repair or build something would have the opposite effect of what you wanted: less hotkeys.

As for animals, I think it's fixed in SVN now, they should be garrisonable now.

That seems reasonable. I forgot that it's already used for repairing.