Menu Response Problems

I have encountered difficulties in the 0 A.D. menu. When I attempt to press anything at the bottom-right corner, there is no response. That basically means that I cannot start any games I set up. I use Macintosh OSX 10.8.4 on a fairly high end laptop. Thanks if it can be fixed in any way. I have grown rather fond of the game and hate to be deprived of the chance to even playing it.

Do you have a Macbook with a Retina display? Those can give trouble, or so I have read. Or would this be a different problem. I've noticed that mouse event registration for the upper-left menu is very sloppy (sometimes requires 10x trying), but not any other problem. This all on a not really high end Macbook Pro with a regular (non-retina) 1440x900 display. So maybe trying several times might help if it is a similar issue?

I believe retina display macs can remedy the problem by running the game in windowed mode, with a fixed resolution (unless that bug is fixed by now, the resolution switching caused trouble).

This seems like a possibly critical-level bug. What version of the game do you have (Alpha 13 or SVN)? Does it work in windowed mode? Does it consistently not register mouse-events in that area?

I have never had problems with mouse event registration on Linux; it has always worked perfectly for me, even at sub-1FPS speeds.

If it is a retina display, I was hoping to have that fixed for A14, by switching to SDL2. That would at least fix fullscreen toggling and window resizing. But it currently breaks lots of other things and will take time to fix properly. So in the meantime, any work around would be appreciated (I don't have a retina display to test).

It has a retina display. It is a shame that the game cannot work on that high of resolution.

I suspect the problem isn't strictly the high resolution, but the difference between "points" and "pixels" introduced by Retina displays. SDL should handle that automatically, but it's hard for me to test exactly what's going wrong without a Retina display.