Some general and advanced ideas.

Nick The Hun

Here's a list of some general and advanced ideas i came up with. I might add more later if possible.

- Mesopotamian Units for Persians (something i personally would like)

- Triggers in editor

- Germanic Civic

- Graphic building construction in phases instead of a rising buiding from clay or sand.

- A research building for each civic with its own special/unique technologies.

Or a research building like rise of nations Library with standard technologies improving stats and economy.

- A governemental building with the possibility to choose a political way like Rise of Nations.

- Generals with an inspire bonus on nearby units (i think i saw this somewhere on the forum in early state)

- Recruiting generals and assign an army or garrison to it. And give it an AI function to attack the enemy.

- Recruit a chieftain, major or governor who inspires economy/gather rates, and give him an amount of resources/treasury to spend on training villagers and city defense.

- Recruit a 'Grand Commander' or 'Military Inspector' who recruits armies for you and builds (strategic) defences.

- Rare resources which give bonusses when settling a merchant at it (Rise of Nations).

- Mercenaries or raiders/invaders randomly showing on the map. Mercenaries to hire. And invaders or local raiders who raid a town.

- Capturing a City Centre by reducing its hitpoints to 80% (Fate of the Dragon, Eidos Games) and all buildings in that town are converted. It's alot like Rise of Nation's cities.

- Ability to demand tribute from an AI or you will attack him.

- Building spikes as defense.

- The ability (like AoM godpowers) make a soldier tell a speech to a marching army which gives them stronger hp or atk or speed. Or boost production temporarly with higher salary for one month, which will be like 3 minutes ingame w/e.

- Conscripting femalevillagers into soldiers (Scythians if they will be in the game, or for the Romans training Sarmatian Virgin Archers or Virgin Cavalry)

- Ability to choose a certain god at the temple who gives bonusses and new units like TotalWar campaigns.

I hope i can be of some help this way :)

Greets, Nick The Hun

welcome, I say my opinion and my experience in the forums.

- Mesopotamian Units for Persians (something i personally would like). // which units?

- Triggers in editor. //there no are triggers in game, but is planned obviously :)

- Germanic Civic. / /they can introduced in the Second Part.

- Graphic building construction in phases instead of a rising buiding from clay or sand. //You can post a explain of how?(other game)

- A research building for each civic with its own special/unique Technologies. //Planned , you can searching in the forum.

Or a research building like rise of nations Library with standard technologies improvise stats and economy. //no I think no all tech must researching and library.

- A governemental building with the possibility to choose a political way like Rise of Nations. //I propose this and I fail, put if you can do best than me.

- Generals with an inspire bonus on nearby units (i think i saw this somewhere on the forum in early state) you are lucky with this, we start to do this with aura systems.

- Recruiting generals and assign an army or garrison to it. And give it an AI function to attack the enemy. //Praetorians?

- Recruit a chieftain, major or governor who inspires economy/gather rates, and give him an amount of resources/treasury to spend on training villagers and city defense. // I Iike but , other says: too micromanagement

- Recruit a 'Grand Commander' or 'Military Inspector' who recruits armies for you and builds (strategic) defences. Technology ?

- Rare resources which give bonusses when settling a merchant at it (Rise of Nations). // Good but that can fit with Campaing mode.

- Mercenaries or raiders/invaders randomly showing on the map. Mercenaries to hire. And invaders or local raiders who raid a town. // check my posts about mini factions , we can discuss that.

- Capturing a City Centre by reducing its hitpoints to 80% (Fate of the Dragon, Eidos Games) and all buildings in that town are converted. It's alot like Rise of Nation's cities.

- Ability to demand tribute from an AI or you will attack him. // that request a advanced Ai diplomacy, not for now, but don't worry is planned.

- Building spikes as defense.

- The ability (like AoM godpowers) make a soldier tell a speech to a marching army which gives them stronger hp or atk or speed. Or boost production temporarly with higher salary for one month, which will be like 3 minutes ingame w/e. Micromanaging are not welcome, sorry.

- Conscripting femalevillagers into soldiers (Scythians if they will be in the game, or for the Romans training Sarmatian Virgin Archers or Virgin Cavalry) // for some factions. Planned too.

- Ability to choose a certain god at the temple who gives bonusses and new units like TotalWar campaigns. I love this, thst in to year I never see this idea.

Lion K. welcome to the forums.

- Mesopotamian units: Haha indeed which units, i looked again and they're practically all in.

- Building construction in phases: i think it could be far more realistic. What i miss now is a huge crane which tackles the building up XD. I'm a student in civil engineering so i hate the view actually. Even AoE 2 is better :P

- Library from Rise of Nations has it's own standard set of technologies is what i meant. In RoN you also have economic buildings and military buildings with their own technologies. But the library is where all mental advanced technologies come from. Not only from a smith or smeltery or granary.

- Praetorians? I guess i'll have to try them out. I haven't played Romans yet actually xD

- Chieftain, Major, Governor: It's optional? You don't have to do it , you make that choice yourself. If you have multiple town centers on a huge map it might be handy if you wish to focus on military.

- Grand Commander is the same as a Major but the other way around, it's an AI unit who rules your military. For example early ingame while you mainly focus on economy and you need a small army to defend yourself. Or late game when you recover from an allout war and you have to focus again on building up.

- Rare resources. In Rise of Nations you can find them ingame on the local game and in the campaign mode.

- Minifactions? How about a simple germanic minor faction for scenarios? :)

- The godchoosing temple option is awesome in some Total War modpacks. For example when you have weaker units with low armour. You get a bonus like the units you train have experience or loyalty. Or you get economic bonusses or w/e.

For all the other upcoming stuff: Awesome!!

Thank you Lion :)

May be later that phase visible , you must know the buildings are designed in blender in low polygons is all a art do it XD.

-I love RoN but I love the upgrades in buildings AOE and Blizzard games style.

Praetorians was the game that mixes total war, Warcraft and Age of Empires. But not was incredible. But have good ideas.

You mean select provincial governor for phases? Like AEO 3?, that is my favorite idea, and check my post. Or you mean hero like Empire earth 2.

Yeah I was like that idea but is not easy to fit with this game.

Mini factions are like Thracian, Numidians, Nabateans in Scenarios or some RMS. they are Controlled by the Ai.

Temple ideas is the most interesting here, the other aren't new for us.

Here I put some links:

http://trac.wildfiregames.com/wiki/GameplayFeatureStatus

http://www.wildfiregames.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=17430

http://www.wildfiregames.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=16077