Scenario Designer Application - Gavry/geshet

I know I have only uploaded one screenshot of my work with Atlas, but I was too excited to start helping out with this project. I have previous experience with scenario editors in Age of Mythology as well as Age of Empires games, which are very similar although slightly different. I made this map pretty quickly (under an hour) and got adjusted to the Atlas scenario editor. I can do eyecandy too, although I still have to mess around with the new objects and terrains. Constructive criticism and suggestions are much appreciated, because I know I have much room for improvement.

I'm fine with it if I'm not needed or can't participate, I just wanted to be a part of this cool idea.

-The only real problem I faced when making this scenario was passability, which seems to work with elevation rather than terrain like in AoM. I created a mountain pass like the one used in the actual battle, but it turned out the units could just walk over everything.

-The scenario is the battle of Thermopylae, and is supposed to model it. You probably wont want this one, but see it as a sample.

Hope you like my scenario and recruit me! -geshet

screenshot0001.bmp

Position: Scenario Designer

Do you understand that Wildfire Games is a non-commercial project, work for 0 A.D. is volunteer, and work is done for free?

Yes

Do you agree to distribute all your work for Wildfire Games under Creative Commons Attribution Share-Alike license?

Yes

Name: Gavry Eshet

Email: Gavry.eshet@gmail.com

MSN Messenger: Gavry.eshet@gmail.com

Availability: As of now probably 10 or so, later during the school year it will be more like 5.

Skills and Experience: I worked with the scenario editor in AoM as well as AoE games. I am pretty good at making scenarios, I guess.

Motivation: I like to design things and I also love RTS games.

Personality: I think I am a fun, creative person with a sense of humor.

Short Essay: I found out about wildfire games while searching for free RTS games. I don't really seek to gain anything but a sense of accomplishment and contribution. I just want to have fun.

Interests and Hobbies: I play basketball and soccer; I also like to create models of ancient stuff.

Staff: No.

Community: I sometimes go on AoM heaven for new ideas, mods and maps.

Favorite Game: Age of Mythology

Work Examples: None. (worked with scenario editor in AoM)

Edited by geshet

Please don't upload images which are more than say 5 MBs in size. As for helping create scenarios for the game the best way is to keep improving your skills and posting scenarios here for people to try.

Please take a look through http://trac.wildfiregames.com/wiki/Atlas_Manual for more info on Atlas, it's not 100% up-to-date, but it should prove useful. Among other things there is http://trac.wildfiregames.com/wiki/Atlas_Manual_Terrain_Tab#Visualise which lets you know how to get a quick idea for if units can pass over the terrain. :)