Building a wall goes on forever

longtomjr

I dont have a report or anything.

I was playing the 1st scenario with the gauls and I concusred the hill in the middel. I built a wall around to keep the enemies out. The last piece of wall the build was going on forever... They hammered away but nothing happened... Health stayed on 1 and the wall was not build. I overrided this problem by stopping everyone that was building and then got them to build again

King regards

LTJR

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I dont have a report or anything.

I was playing the 1st scenario with the gauls and I concusred the hill in the middel. I built a wall around to keep the enemies out. The last piece of wall the build was going on forever... They hammered away but nothing happened... Health stayed on 1 and the wall was not build. I overrided this problem by stopping everyone that was building and then got them to build again

King regards

LTJR

I find this aggravating. I move all the units away and then select a smaller number to move back.

To many units always get in each other's way. So that's why I only build civil centres and forts with more than 5 units.

For walls, you can easily parallelize this. If you have a bunch of workmen, select 5 and draw the first part of the wall. Select the next 5, and draw the second part, and so on.

Btw, maybe a nice hotkey set: using the numpad to select a number of units. Say you have selected 20 units, you press "5" on your numpad, and it results in only 5 selected units (a random selection will be good enough). It doesn't collide with other hotkeys as far as I know. And it would be easy to assign tasks.

Also in battlefield it would be good. F.e. get 5 units attack that battering ram, while the others keep attacking the normal units.

I don't often need to assign a special task to more than 10 units, so I guess the keys on the numpad would do (maybe optional, make the "0" key divide your selection into two parts.