===[COMMITTED]=== Mauryan War Elephant (and hero elephant)

Mythos_Ruler

lo pense pero se miraba raro, gual esta excelente., no estaba seguro, me gusta, podes ponerle a la textura de la piel algo de pintura de guea como en la pelicula y algunas ilustracciones.

He hecho ya una prueba para unos tatuajes :P pero he encontrado un problema, ya que la textura se reusa en según que partes del modelo. pero alguna cosilla se podrá hacer :)

I've already done a test using projection painting in blender :P There are some areas that can't be painted because the texture is reused in some parts of the model, but some tatoos may look good :)

post-13528-0-37262000-1357769440_thumb.j

• Like 2

He hecho ya una prueba para unos tatuajes :P pero he encontrado un problema, ya que la textura se reusa en según que partes del modelo. pero alguna cosilla se podrá hacer :)

I've already done a test using projection painting in blender :P There are some areas that can't be painted because the texture is reused in some parts of the model, but some tatoos may look good :)

y si me das una textura y la ponemos en Alpha? y pnto sobre ella?

It looks quite odd to me as well. I think part of it is that the edges aren't dealt with so you get pieces cut in half, the cloth could do with something around the edge as well. The shadowing effect looks wrong to me, the gaps between the plates are very dark, it doesn't seem quite 3D enough, though is is quite vague, it is hard to describe.

It looks quite odd to me as well. I think part of it is that the edges aren't dealt with so you get pieces cut in half, the cloth could do with something around the edge as well. The shadowing effect looks wrong to me, the gaps between the plates are very dark, it doesn't seem quite 3D enough, though is is quite vague, it is hard to describe.

With "the edges aren't dealt with" you mean the center version? That's the previous step before the "cloth underneath" ones, but they don't look so heavy-armored, so I kept that version to show also.

I made the shadow between the gaps stronger to distinguish the scales from a certain distance and make the 3D effect stronger, but seems I failed at it ^_^

I'll keep playing with the scales and try to make them look better. If someone is interested, I'm making the textures rendering like this:

post-13528-0-15770500-1357934751_thumb.j

I'll fix LordGood's temple, texture it, and bake AO to get it in-game, and I'll try rendering the scales with your feedback in cycles and another variation with the squared plates ;)

After all, the asian elephant still not rigged/animated yet :(

Let's make normal maps for the elephants. Parallax might look great for the scales.

Well, this is not the war or hero elephant, but Mythos asked for some props for the elephant worker, so I made two prototypes (textures and design in WIP)

post-13528-0-58134700-1357656164_thumb.j

This looks great. We could use it on the North African elephant for now until the Asian elephant is readied.

The elephants will need these prop points:

- Driver (behind the head, on the back of the neck)

- Archer1, Archer2, Archer3 (the elephant archer will have up to 3 archers on its back for the elite rank)

- Head (for plumes, crests, forehead armor and such)

- Turret (on the back, for howdahs, e.g. turrets)

- Chest (front of the chest, under the throat, for possible chest armor or bells)

Any else?

- Trunk (for the Worker Elephant--when assisting in building a structure we can have it picking up and placing lumber.)

Cavalry Archer. Basic has one dude on its back. Advanced has 2. Elite has 3. Notice the red colored designs painted on the elephant's skin. Also, note the bells hanging from the neck.

post-130-0-62957700-1358489202_thumb.jpg

War Elephant champion siege unit. Notice how the armour hangs under the elephant.

post-130-0-26269700-1358489205_thumb.jpg

Either Chandragupta Maurya or Ashoka the Great will ride an elephant with a howdah on top, like this:

post-130-0-32285400-1358489200_thumb.jpg