Getting a couple problems with the latest svn update.

chaosislife

The first one is that I can't get the Iberian special walls to load properly or sometimes at all on any of the random maps I've tried. Cantabrian Highlands for instance won't place any of the wall pieces and throws errors at me about them and the deep forest map loads everything but the wall towers which it throws errors about.

The second issue is that I can't build anything at all because the builder icons are completely gone, it throws a wall of errors at me on load that I assume are related to it. I forget where the file that lists all the errors is.....

I forget where the file that lists all the errors is.....

From the readme logs folder of the local SVN repo

The game only writes files here if you specified -writableRoot on the command line.
Otherwise, the logs can be found in %appdata%\0ad\logs on Windows and
$XDG_CONFIG_HOME/0ad/logs on Unix systems ($XDG_CONFIG_HOME defaults to ~/.config)

Enjoy the Choice :)

Could this be solved by resetting the SVN of the game, more specifically the Iberian template file for the tower? Or perhaps just replace that file with the current version? This seems the main error, the result is a result of that:

ERROR: CXeromyces: Parse error: structures/iber_wall_tower:1: Expecting an element Static, got nothing
ERROR: CXeromyces: Parse error: structures/iber_wall_tower:1: Invalid sequence in interleave
ERROR: CXeromyces: Parse error: structures/iber_wall_tower:1: Element Obstruction failed to validate content
ERROR: RelaxNGValidator: Validation failed
ERROR: Failed to validate entity template 'structures/iber_wall_tower'
ERROR: Failed to load entity template 'structures/iber_wall_tower'

Edited by dvangennip

I committed an update for wall building yesterday. In order for the engine to intelligently allow collisions between walls and wall towers (like GUI wall placement does) I had to introduce a new XML element, which went into all wall towers.

The engine just needs to be rebuilt to recognize the new element. I'll prod k776 in case you're relying on the Windows autobuild.

As a reference, r12259 is where the new element, <ControlPersist>, was added to the relevant templates. If you remove those elements you'll be able to run with an older build of the engine.