Atlas-Questions

kosmo

Oh this is something I always wanted to say. We need a way to make some parts of the terrain impassable either in a direct way (painting/making a specific terrain impassable) or by creating non-selectable, invulnerable entities that don't show up in minimap.

Hmm, I have a feeling it's not completely impossible that something like this exists. Or at least something that's not too far away from it. I seem to recall there being something about the farms which is relevant, but perhaps that's just that it blocks things in a special way, and since it's a building it might not be relevant anyway. Hopefully someone with more programming knowledge will have something useful to say :)

There are two other things that I miss:

- I haven't found a possibility until now to select placed objects (and delete them eventually), except maybe deleting them in the xml, but I haven't tried that yet

- A pipette tool, so I know which texture I once have placed there -- it's quite annoying to have to test them somewhere, because you're not sure which one this was

And another question:

Is it possible to change the games behaviour via the xml file? I think this would be good for campaigns, so maybe you cannot research city phase or slightly change the health points of a unit or stuff like that

I suggest you read through the Atlas Manual: http://trac.wildfiregames.com/wiki/Atlas_Manual :) But in short, just use the select-and-move/rotate tool (the second button in the main toolbar) and left-click to select objects, press the delete key to delete them. Or drag with the same tool to select multiple objects, use the shift key to add to an existing selection, control to remove from an existing selection.

For a pipette, select the paint texture tool and then shift-left-click to select the texture underneath the cursor. (That part needs to be added to the manual)

And another question:

Is it possible to change the games behaviour via the xml file? I think this would be good for campaigns, so maybe you cannot research city phase or slightly change the health points of a unit or stuff like that

All the behavior is modifiable, most of the interesting parts are in XML, JS, and JSON :) See http://trac.wildfiregames.com/wiki/Modding_Guide for an overview of modding, it's not complete but there are links in there to more specific topics.

Thanks for the replys. It is not possible to select gaian objects, except trees, so I can't remove some stones and especially two triremes I wrongly placed^^

Another question I asked myself, is it possible to lower the altitude of the terrain arbritaryly? I can't lower the altitude, because I fear theres a minimum height? Is it possible to bypass this subject?

To select those objects, press the Alt-key when you click/drag :)

You cannot lower it more than to the minimum height (or raise it more than to the maximum for that matter). Since you say you cannot lower the terrain I'm guessing you mean that you have lowered it already in some place, but would like to lower it more?

If the heightmap is in a bitmap format you could always just use e.g. Gimp or Photoshop to make sure the "lowest" color (provided it is a bitmap heightmap either pure white or black should be the lowest, I'm guessing black, but as you can see I don't even know enough of the heighmap system to know what formats it accepts ;) ) for anything you want to have above the water is increased a bit.