Tech icons problem

Patricius

If you take a closer look you'll see that the highlight is red, meaning that if you select the one you are hovering over the other one will not be available :) So it's intentional. All techs which has a small link icon above/below them are like that, either you choose the one or the other.

i agree and highlight the other

I think it's a bit confusing too, but the idea is to show that you can't research both techs.

There's also another problem with e.g. the technologies that improve stone or metal gathering. If you research the stone improvement first and then in the next phase the metal improvement, it's not quite clear if the previous upgrade is still activated or if it gets replaced or if you didn't get the highest possible upgrade for metal because you selected stone first.

At the moment I think we can only express these relations in a techtree and not in the small space for unit-training and research when you select a building.

Maybe we should remove the icons there and only allow research in a techtree gui?

• Like 1