Suggestion

KayEhn

So, real quick, i was playing basically a sandbox with the other player in unassigned and using the 'control all units', and i think it would be much better if that could be fixed so you

can control what the other player builds, not just gathers, so you don't have to worry as much about the population limit imposed by not being able to build anything for them.

So, real quick, i was playing basically a sandbox with the other player in unassigned and using the 'control all units', and i think it would be much better if that could be fixed so you

can control what the other player builds, not just gathers, so you don't have to worry as much about the population limit imposed by not being able to build anything for them.

Control all units is a tool to help developers. So there is not much reason for us to improve it unless you can show there is a common use for it, what you described sounds unusual.

Control all units is a tool to help developers. So there is not much reason for us to improve it unless you can show there is a common use for it, what you described sounds unusual.

I see, thank you. The idea i proposed was just a way to help make a bigger, more realistic and safe environment to build and experiment.

I think a better solution would be to add a button that lets you switch to the perspective of a different player, so you can fully control their units and see their resource counters etc. Should be fairly easy to implement, and would avoid the complexity of supporting a special control-all-units mode in the GUI scripts and in the simulation scripts.

I think a better solution would be to add a button that lets you switch to the perspective of a different player, so you can fully control their units and see their resource counters etc. Should be fairly easy to implement, and would avoid the complexity of supporting a special control-all-units mode in the GUI scripts and in the simulation scripts.

Agreed. That would be perfect.

That makes sense.