Atlas water display issue

howlingflute

I found recently that Atlas does not initialize water correctly when started from the command line. It works fine when it is started through the main program and also if you let Atlas reinitialize the water by selecting new... from the file menu.

The only time I encounter this bug is if I start Atlas via ./pyrogenesis -editor and then immediately start edditing the default map; i.e. lowering a bit of terrain and then raising the water level. I get water that looks black as shown in the attached picture.

post-12995-0-29233500-1316792612_thumb.j

I found recently that Atlas does not initialize water correctly when started from the command line. It works fine when it is started through the main program and also if you let Atlas reinitialize the water by selecting new... from the file menu.

The only time I encounter this bug is if I start Atlas via ./pyrogenesis -editor and then immediately start edditing the default map; i.e. lowering a bit of terrain and then raising the water level. I get water that looks black as shown in the attached picture.

How long have you noticed that, and which version of the game are you using?

I noticed it sometime this week for the first time, I am running the most recent svn version. (I never encountered the problem before). I think it may have happened when atlas was split into different threads. Anyways this is pretty minor since I can get the water back to normal by starting a new map or running a script.

How long have you noticed that, and which version of the game are you using?

I noticed it sometime this week for the first time, I am running the most recent svn version. (I never encountered the problem before). I think it may have happened when atlas was split into different threads. Anyways this is pretty minor since I can get the water back to normal by starting a new map or running a script.

Doesn't sound minor to me and I have no idea why that would cause water rendering to fail :( I'll boot into Ubuntu and see if it's reproducible there.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So I did a test reverting the thread order changes from r10299 on 64-bit Ubuntu and actually those GL errors still persist along with the water shader problem in Atlas. In light of all the other graphical glitches people experience since Alpha 7, I'm thinking that the last major rendering commit had some bugs. Note that it came right after Alpha 6 was released. I'll update the ticket accordingly.