City Gate And How To Use It?

Tutle

They seem to behave as city wall. Basically, instead of going through it, my units will treat it as a city wall and go around it. I noticed it doesn't say in the description, "not working" like it does for the church and priest. As of now, I thought the goal was to let my units out, but enemy units cannot come inside. Am I using it wrong?

Why would they go around even if it's fixed? lol Also, will the friendly units be allowed to enter through the city gate? Kind of annoying sometimes when they surround one of your buildings making it difficult to spawn or move your units. I hope it will also keep friendly units out. That way, we at least have a purpose for building a super base with city walls and garrisons surrounding the whole thing. flex.gifgood.gif

I'm figuring the the path system would plot a path around the gate because it would simply see the gate as an obstruction like any other building, and ideally it would be an obstruction until your units are actually about to go through it. There'll have to be something in the pathing system that treats allied gates as passable but non-allied gates as non-passable so the pathing system will at least plot a long course to take the unit through the gate. The short path plotting will have to be the one to determine whether the gate is actually open or not. Either way tho, enemy and allied units should favor the gates when making the path calculations instead of trying to plot a path way,way,way around the map. Maybe make gates in general not get calculated as obstructions at all in the long pathing? Heh, I'm speaking nonsense like the devs now.

Edited by chaosislife